Beer fans happy to know Obama enjoys the drinkApril 8th, 2009 - 2:26 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr.8 (ANI): President George W. Bush didn’t drink beer, but President Barack Obama does, which means that Craig Purser, the president of the National Beer Wholesalers Association, is a happy man.
“We’re definitely pleased to see him enjoying a cold one,” Purser said told Politico.
“It’s great to have someone who understands and enjoys the product,” he added.
Purser admits that lobbying on behalf of alcohol can be a sweet gig.
“I’ve got a very good job. I enjoy working and representing America’s beer distributors. … We do represent a product that is one of celebration, that brings people together and that makes it fun.” Still, “there are days, however, when it truly does feel like work,” Purser said.
The NBWA held its annual legislative conference last week, and Reps. Chris Van Hollen and Kevin O. McCarthy delivered keynote addresses.
“We have 127 members of Congress that have been sworn in in the last 26 months,” Purser said, and the NBWA has focused on catching them all up to speed on the group’s issues. (ANI)
- Jason Toohey Dating Jenny McCarthy - Oct 18, 2010
- Jenny McCarthy to replace Oprah? - Jun 14, 2010
- Jenny McCarthy shuts school for autistic children - Apr 10, 2010
- Now, flavoured beer hits Indian market - Jul 11, 2012
- Olympics ethics panel commissioner quits over Dow sponsorship (Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- Why some mental disorders are more prevalent in males - Nov 18, 2010
- Franco to direct 'Child Of God' - Sep 20, 2011
- Jenny McCarthy and beau Jason Toohey call it quits - Dec 09, 2010
- Pub sells special beer for dogs - Jan 10, 2012
- Tommy Lee Jones & Samuel L Jackson Star in 'HBO' 'Sunset Limited' - Feb 09, 2011
- Jenny McCarthy opts for online dating - Nov 22, 2011
- Whale poop ups productivity of ocean fisheries - Oct 13, 2010
- Cobra beer to add froth at British queen's diamond jubilee event - Apr 18, 2012
- Two Individuals Arraigned In Connection With The Larceny Of Beer From The Infamous 'Hartford Distributors' - Aug 18, 2010
- 'Running away from problems' may help you achieve work-life balance - Mar 31, 2011
Tags: annual legislative conference, barack obama, beer distributors, beer fans, chris van hollen, cold one, craig, drink beer, george w bush, gig, good job, happy man, keynote addresses, mccarthy, members of congress, national beer, nbwa, president george w bush, purser, wholesalers association