Bee Gee singers reveal their feudNovember 3rd, 2009 - 12:27 pm ICT by IANS
London, Nov 3 (IANS) Bee Gee singers have revealed that infighting between the Gibb brothers caused the group to split.
At times the fighting got so bad that their parents had to intervene. But now they want to get back after their band mate Maurice died. The brothers also compared their infighting to the Gallagher brothers of Oasis who also recently spilt, mirror.co.uk reports.
“They’re just copying us. Oh, we’ve been through all that. To be honest, I’m surprised they stayed together for as long as they did and I think they’ve gone as far as they can be together,” 59-year-old Robin said.
“They remind us of ourselves, but on a more physically violent level. We’ve been there and we came full circle,” 63-year old Barry added.
The Gibb brothers claim their friction is more from creative differences rather than conflict. Barry said: “Robin and I are both individuals but together we fire each other up. And if we can ignore the differences we have apart from music, we get the job done. Apart, I don’t know who I am.”
Robin added: “I don’t know who I am either. But I know who I am when we’re together performing. It’s just there. Whatever happens, how Barry thinks and feels will always be important to me because he’s part of my life. We created all of this.”
- Heartaches could be payback time: Gibb - Mar 12, 2012
- Robin Gibb in coma - Apr 14, 2012
- 'Stayin' Alive' singer Robin Gibb dead - May 21, 2012
- Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb dies of cancer - May 22, 2012
- "Sky News" Presenter Steve Dixon Blunders Over 'Bee Gees' Brothers - Oct 11, 2010
- Bee Gees on life, music without brother Maurice - Nov 02, 2009
- Gibb's dying wish to go home - Jun 12, 2012
- Dad died of kidney failure: Robin Gibb's son - May 27, 2012
- Bee Gees reunite on 'Dancing With The Stars' - Nov 21, 2009
- Sky presenter Steve Dixon makes a blunder over Bee Gee's - Oct 11, 2010
- Robin Gibb to continue tour despite major surgery - Oct 31, 2010
- Surviving Bee Gees to reunite for live shows - Sep 08, 2009
- Noel Gallagher 'is the next McCartney' - Oct 05, 2010
- Bee Gees to reunite for live shows - Sep 08, 2009
- Robin Gibb 'recovering from emergency stomach surgery' - Sep 03, 2010