Beatles albums to be digitally reissued in SeptemberApril 8th, 2009 - 9:42 am ICT by IANS
New York, April 8 (IANS) Will it be Beatle-mania 2? Apple Corps and Britain’s Electric & Musical Industries (EMI) Tuesday announced to release the complete, digitally remastered version of the Beatles’s earlier albums in September.
All the 12 earlier albums of the fabled British band will be packaged with replicated original UK album art, rare photos and “embedded with a brief documentary film about the album.”
Engineers of Britain’s famous Abbey Road Studio, where the Beatles recorded their studio albums, have reportedly been working on the project for many years.
Apple Corps and EMI said the band’s original albums, in stereo and mono, will be reissued in the new sonically upgraded format Sep 9. The Beatles edition of the music video game Rock Band will also be released the same day.
The reissue series will include only the 12 albums the Beatles released in Britain between 1963 and 1970 - from ‘Please Please Me’ to ‘Let It Be’ to ‘Magical Mystery Tour’ - and the two-CD ‘Past Masters’ compilation of their non-album singles, according to the New York Times.
Unlike the Beatles original CDs issued in 1987 which are now collectors’ prize possession, the band’s discs released in the early years sound harsh and brittle by today’s standards, the newspaper said.
Leaps in digital sound technology and remastering equipment will make vast improvements in the Beatles’ earlier albums, it said. The legendary British band has been rated as the most popular and commercial successful group in the history of music.
- Celebrated And Revered ‘Beatles’ Dominate The ‘Top 200’ List Of iTunes - Nov 23, 2010
- Remastered Beatles' tracks to release in September - Apr 08, 2009
- Beatles music finally available on iTunes Store - Nov 16, 2010
- Sir Paul McCartney to launch revamped version of Wings album - Sep 17, 2010
- US site selling Beatles' back catalogue despite EMI investigation - Nov 04, 2009
- Previously unreleased Johnny Cash songs to come out next month - Jan 04, 2011
- Beatles sell over 2 million songs in first week on iTunes - Nov 24, 2010
- 'The Queen' is the best selling record since 1956! - Jan 28, 2011
- John Lennon's solo albums reissued for 70th birthday - Jun 30, 2010
- Contest on John Lennon cover song - Sep 21, 2010
- Beatles' remastered albums top US charts - Sep 17, 2009
- Lost Beatles video found after 48 years - Apr 26, 2012
- "Beatles" Fab 13 Remastered Album Ready For Release On 9th September - Sep 05, 2009
- Unheard Pink Floyd tracks released - May 11, 2011
- Beatles to make their songs available on iTunes - Nov 16, 2010
Tags: abbey road studio, album art, apple corps, beatles, beatles albums, documentary film, emi, history of music, leaps, magical mystery tour, mono, music video, new york times, prize possession, rare photos, reissued, rock band, sound technology, studio albums, video game