Bayliss, Farbrace to coach Sri Lanka till World cupMarch 29th, 2009 - 2:42 pm ICT by IANS
Colombo, March 29 (IANS) Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) has decided to extend the contracts of its two foreign coaches Trevor Bayliss and Paul Farbrace, reportedly till the 2011 World Cup.
Head coach Bayliss and assistant coach Farbrace, who was among the injured in the Lahore terror attack early this month, have been with the Sri Lankan team since 2007. Their contracts with the SLC expire in August.
The secretary of the newly appointed interim committee of the SLC, Nishanta Ranatunga said the board was happy with the performance of the two coaches and the management team that includes Jade Roberts, the trainer, and Tommy Simsek, the physiotherapist.
“We have decided to extend the contracts of the coaches. We did an evaluation of their performance and the feedback we got was fairly good. They are doing a good job and we want them to continue,” the local Sunday Island has quoted Ranatunga as saying.
He also said Sri Lanka will send the national ‘A’ team coach and former opener, Chandika Hathurusinghe as an additional coach with the national team for the Twenty20 World Cup scheduled to be held in England in June.
- Stuart Law named Sri Lanka coach for tour of England - Apr 07, 2011
- Australian pacers can trouble Sri Lanka: Coach Bayliss - Mar 02, 2011
- Coach Wright takes on an Aussie assistant - Dec 24, 2010
- Law doesn't blame Malinga for choosing 'lucrative' IPL over Test cricket - Apr 30, 2011
- Sri Lanka cricketers end battle for contracts - Jul 18, 2012
- Geoff Marsh ends IPL stint to coach Sri Lanka - Sep 23, 2011
- 'No one's ever going to replace Murali', says Sri Lanka coach - Oct 29, 2010
- Sri Lanka to sack Dilshan, Marsh for South African debacle - Jan 19, 2012
- Shame no Indian was found competent for coach's job: Sangakkara - May 01, 2011
- 'Twenty20 league owned by Sri Lankan board, not private body' - Jun 19, 2011
- We are not here to lose: Sri Lanka coach - May 17, 2011
- SLC hopes to convince BCCI to allow participation of Indian cricketers (Lead) - Jun 19, 2011
- Sri Lanka interim cricket board dissolved - Jul 01, 2011
- Australia also needs director of cricket to regain top cricket billing: Buchanan - Apr 23, 2011
- Ranatunga says SL selectors must resign over team's poor performance - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: assistant coach, colombo, contracts, england, good job, head coach, interim committee, management team, physiotherapist, ranatunga, simsek, slc, sri lanka cricket, sri lankan team, team coach, terror attack, trevor bayliss, twenty20 world cup