Barcelona captain Puyol out of action for three weeksMarch 8th, 2009 - 3:18 pm ICT by IANS
Madrid, March 8 (DPA) Barcelona captain Carles Puyol will be out of action for around three weeks, according to the digital version of Sport and other Catalan media.
Puyol, 30, twisted the external lateral ligament in his right ankle in Saturday’s 2-0 home win over Athletic Bilbao, a result which leaves Barca six points clear at the top of La Liga.
The veteran defender will miss Tuesday’s Champions League round of 16 showdown at home to Olympique Lyon, as well as Barca’s upcoming league games against Almeria and Malaga.
- Adriano injury poses problems for Barcelona - Mar 21, 2012
- Real Madrid, Barcelona win easy in La Liga - Jan 23, 2012
- Real Madrid on brink of La Liga title - Apr 30, 2012
- Real Madrid need Supercup win to boost morale - Aug 28, 2012
- Real Madrid a win away from Liga title - May 02, 2012
- Guardiola quits Barca, deputy Tito to take over (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- When the Barcelona cat is away, the Madrid mice will play - Dec 17, 2009
- Real Madrid one win away from La Liga title - May 01, 2012
- Athletic Bilbao, Barcelona vie in Copa del Rey final - May 24, 2012
- Puyol says Liga still not lost for Barcelona - Jan 11, 2012
- Barca look to put pressure on Madrid - Mar 23, 2012
- Crucial weekend for Madrid, Barca in La Liga - Feb 10, 2012
- Copa return leg matches may see some surprises - Jan 10, 2012
- Real Madrid extend La Liga lead - Nov 21, 2011
- Barcelona face surprise package in La Liga - Dec 02, 2011