Barbie doll modelled on Angela Merkel to mark 50th bdayFebruary 7th, 2009 - 6:05 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 7 (ANI): German Chancellor Angela Merkel has been used as the model for a Barbie doll to mark its 50th birthday celebrations.
The doll, which is based on the 54-year-old German leader, was presented at the international toy fair in Nuremberg and will go on sale for 17 pounds.
She’’s simply a good role model for girls around the world, the Telegraph quoted a spokesman for Mattel, the company that makes Barbie dolls, as saying.
Merkel is yet to comment on the doll, which has been given a youthful look and a slim waistline devoid of any of the physical downsides of the onset of middle age.
The Angela Merkel Barbie doll also boasts her blonde bob hairstyle and a crisply tailored jacket.
The special edition doll was among 70,000 new toys presented at the fair, which was celebrating its 60th anniversary. (ANI)
- New, sexed-up Barbie doll modelled on Angela Merkel, PhD - Feb 08, 2009
- Rowling, Clijsters, Sweden's Crown Princess turned into Barbie dolls - Feb 04, 2010
- New Barbie dolls for Olympics 2012 - Jul 26, 2012
- New dolls on Pattinson, Stewart 'Twilight' wedding - Jan 12, 2012
- Barbie turns 50, looking better than many 20-year-olds - Mar 08, 2009
- Are Barbie and Ken getting together again after 43 yrs? - Feb 07, 2011
- Iran shutting down shops selling Barbies? - Jan 22, 2012
- Barbie Adorns A New Role Of Computer Engineer - Feb 15, 2010
- Barbie dolls inspired by Kardashian sisters - Jan 06, 2012
- Barbie was inspired by saucy German adults-only doll - Mar 10, 2009
- Recession hits 50-year-old Barbie but not Lego, other heritage brands - Dec 25, 2009
- Barbie Doll moment for Nicki Minaj - Dec 04, 2011
- After Katrina, Hrithik may walk the ramp for kids - Jan 13, 2012
- Hitler ordered sex dolls for Nazi troops - Jul 11, 2011
- Barbie doll creator dead - Jul 24, 2011
Tags: 50th birthday, 60th anniversary, angela merkel, barbie doll, barbie dolls, birthday celebrations, bob hairstyle, chancellor angela merkel, edition doll, german chancellor angela merkel, german leader, girls around the world, international toy, london feb, mattel, middle age, new toys, nuremberg, role model, slim waistline