Bank of Baroda becomes a registered bank in New ZealandSeptember 1st, 2009 - 2:38 pm ICT by ANI
Wellington, Sep. 1 (ANI): The Reserve Bank of New Zealand has given permission to the Bank of Baroda to begin trading in the country, making it the nation’s 19th registered bank.
India’s third-largest public sector bank first indicated a desire to enter New Zealand when then-chairman Anil Kumar Khandelwel visited the country in 2007, stuff.co.nz reports.
The Mumbai-based lender’s registration was confirmed by the central bank on Monday.
Bank of Baroda may open its first branch in Auckland’s Mt Roskill, according to reports.
The bank’s local operation, which are is expected to begin near the end of the year, is going to target all ethnic communities, not only Indian residents.
Bank of Baroda is in some 70 countries, including offices in Australia and Fiji, and is looking to continue expanding its international operations with a joint venture to open a banking company in Malaysia, according to its latest earnings report.
Overseas business contributed some 23 percent to the bank’s operating profit.
The parent company boosted its net profit some 85 percent in the three months ended June 30 from the same period a year earlier. (ANI)
- Bank of Baroda to expand operations in New Zealand - Apr 03, 2011
- New Zealand threatened Fiji's military chief with 'loss of family access' over coup - Dec 25, 2010
- Bank of Baroda to open more branches in Africa - Aug 11, 2011
- Ex Kiwi cricketer Adam Parore to climb Mt. Everest for charity - Mar 09, 2011
- Slain Indian-origin woman's missing husband returns - Jan 28, 2011
- Mills backs New Zealand to peak 'Mt. Everest of cricket' - Feb 09, 2011
- Funeral rites of burnt Indian-origin woman to be held in Fiji - Jan 27, 2011
- Murdered Indian-origin woman's husband returns to N.Zealand - Jan 28, 2011
- Indian bank clocks 120 percent growth in Trinidad and Tobago - Feb 24, 2011
- Knife used for murder Indian-origin taxi driver in Auckland found - Feb 01, 2010
- Husband charged with murder of 'Indian-origin woman' in New Zealand - Jan 29, 2011
- New Zealand launches strategy for closer India ties - Oct 20, 2011
- FTA would complement Indian reforms: New Zealand minister - Jul 27, 2012
- 'The Hobbit' to begin shooting in March - Feb 07, 2011
- McCullum 'desperate' to retain Kiwi opening spot for 2011 World Cup - Oct 28, 2010
Tags: anil kumar, auckland, bank of baroda, bank of new zealand, banking company, ethnic communities, fiji, indian residents, international operations, joint venture, months ended june, net profit, operating profit, overseas business, parent company, public sector bank, reserve bank of new zealand, stuff co nz, three months ended june, zealand wellington