Bangladeshi Nobel laureate meets Sharjah rulerMay 10th, 2012 - 12:01 am ICT by IANS
Sharjah, May 9 (IANS/WAM) Nobel laureate Muhammad Yunus, the founder of Bangladesh’s Grameen Bank, met the ruler of Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Wednesday and discussed economic and social development issues.
Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi received Yunus at the University of Sharjah.
Yunus is to be the keynote speaker at the International Conference on Excellence in Business, organised by the College of Business Administration in Sharjah May 9-10.
During the meeting, Sheikh Sultan was briefed about Yunus’s Grameen Bank, which he started in his village in Bangladesh with an investment of only $27.
- UAE bakery feeds 5,000 Somali families a day - Jul 09, 2012
- UAE leader meets US envoy - Feb 29, 2012
- Sharjah ruler pardons 173 prisoners - Jan 13, 2012
- Lights festival begins in UAE - Feb 10, 2011
- Indian envoy welcomed by Sharjah ruler - Dec 28, 2010
- Sharjah approves 2012 general budget - Dec 30, 2011
- Sharjah ruler gets honorary doctorate - Mar 18, 2012
- Sharjah ruler undergoes surgery in Paris - Dec 01, 2011
- Sharjah ruler writes off two citizens' debts - Apr 14, 2012
- UAE leaders meet foreign officials - Feb 16, 2012
- Prayers for rain performed across UAE - Dec 31, 2011
- Sharjah varsity holds graduation ceremony - Dec 18, 2011
- UAE rulers greet nation on 40th national day - Dec 03, 2011
- ATM for blind launched in Sharjah - Jul 05, 2012
- Arab-Chinese business meet kicks off in Sharjah - Jan 19, 2012
Tags: bangladesh, college of business, college of business administration, economic and social development, excellence in business, grameen bank, keynote speaker, mohammed al qasimi, muhammad yunus, nobel laureate, ruler of sharjah, sultan, uae, united arab emirates, vm, wam