Bali survivor slams Australia’s Islam matriarchFebruary 6th, 2008 - 12:15 pm ICT by admin
Sydney, Feb.6 (ANI): A survivor of the first bombing that took place in Bali, Indonesia, in October 2002 has criticised Australias Islam matriach Rabiah Hutchinson.
Peter Hughes said Hutchinson was uninformed and utterly insensitive.
“It’s like going back to that moment when the suicide bomber was standing next to me,” news.com.au quoted Hughes, as saying.
Hughes nearly died in the attack in which 202 people, including 88 Australians, were killed.
Hughes warned that some people would hunt down Hutchinson after she had made less than sympathetic statements about victims and survivors of that attack.
In an hour-long documentary, Hutchinson, who was married to the former Australian leader of the Jemaah Islamiah, the terror group responsible for the bombing, was asked about the attack.
“Do I feel for the people that died? Not as much as I feel for those 200 Afghani people that gave me and my children shelter,” Hutchinson said.
“Why? Because they weren’t holidaying in someone’s country, sometimes engaging in child pornography or pedophilia or drug-taking.”
John Harrison, who lost his daughter Nicole in the bombing, said: “I hope to Christ that someone belonging to her, like a son or a daughter, gets killed somewhere along the line and she suffers like we have.” (ANI)
- Al Qaeda-linked terrorist held in Malaysia - Jun 11, 2011
- Bali bomb-maker jailed for 20 years - Jun 21, 2012
- Radical Indonesian cleric Bashir arrested on terror charges - Aug 09, 2010
- Bali bombing suspect arrives in Indonesia - Aug 11, 2011
- Aussie travel warning for Indonesia following arrest of Bali bombing suspect in Pak - Apr 01, 2011
- Bali bombing mastermind killed in police raid - Sep 17, 2009
- Pakistan to hand over Bali bombing suspect to Indonesia - Aug 10, 2011
- DNA tests in Indonesia confirm death of terrorist Noordin Top - Sep 19, 2009
- Indonesia sends police to confirm Bali bomb terrorist arrest in Pakistan - Mar 30, 2011
- ISI claims credit for arrest of 2002 Bali bombings suspect in Pakistan - Mar 31, 2011
- Bali bomb suspect Umar Petek extradited from Pakistan to Indonesia - Aug 11, 2011
- Jakarta hotels rocked by terrorst blasts - 9 dead - Jul 17, 2009
- Malaysia not breeding ground for terrorists: Deputy PM - Aug 09, 2009
- Indonesian President admits Bali bomber killed in Jakarta raid - Mar 10, 2010
- Japan protests BBC jokes about atomic bomb survivor - Jan 22, 2011
Tags: australian leader, australians, bali indonesia, child pornography, criticised, daughter nicole, documentary, hutchinson, islam, jemaah islamiah, john harrison, matriach, matriarch, pedophilia, peter hughes, rabiah, suicide bomber, survivor, survivors, terror group