‘Bag Nazi’ airline attendant becomes toast of online communityAugust 11th, 2010 - 6:51 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Aug 11 (ANI): JetBlue flight attendant Steven Slater has apparently become the toast of the online community after he abused a passenger during a flight.
After being hit on the head by a rude passenger’s luggage, Slater called her a “f*cking assh**e” over his plane’s public address system before grabbing two beers and exiting on an emergency slide.
The 39-year-old seems to receive overwhelming support from the online community; with one Facebook page already gaining over 70,000 fans just a day after the incident occurred, reports the New York Daily News.
His story was apparently the number one trending topic on Twitter this morning.
While ‘I hate the m—–f—-r who called Steven Slater a m—–f—-r’ has perhaps the most colorful name of all the Steven Slater Facebook fan pages, and there are even a Steven Slater fan page in Spanish and in French, ‘Steven Slater’ is the largest fan page in support of the stressed-out steward.
‘Steven Slater’ is literally gaining more followers by the minute. As of 9:00pm on Tuesday, nearly 62,000 people had ‘liked’ the page, and hundreds had used the page’s wall to voice their support for the Internet’s newest hero.
Many of Slater’s fans appeared to be familiar with the trials and tribulations of customer service-oriented careers.
Dayna Morley of Toronto, Canada wrote, “Steven you are awesome! I work as a Flight Attendant as well and you are my hero. We’re all giving you props here in our crew room this morning.”
Oklahoma City resident Kyle Terry created the ‘Steven Slater’ Facebook fan page.
Terry said it was “a defining point in why I feel strongly in support of Steven’s actions.”
Slater is scheduled to appear in court to face charges of criminal mischief, reckless endangerment, and trespassing. (ANI)
- 'Bag Nazi' airline attendant 'gets reality TV show offer' - Aug 17, 2010
- Ex-JetBlue flight attendant Steven Slater stars in rap video - Nov 19, 2010
- 'Bag Nazi' airline attendant's mother defends him - Aug 11, 2010
- Jetblue Flight Attendant Slides Into Immortality - Aug 14, 2010
- JetBlue Flight Attendant Attains Near Celeb Status! - Aug 11, 2010
- Crazed staffer flees from emergency chute after F-word tirade against passenger - Aug 10, 2010
- JetBlue flight attendent curses out passengers, exits plane using inflatable emergency chute at JFK airport - Aug 10, 2010
- Flight Attendant Involved In A Squabble With A Traveler Is Listed To Emerge In A Courthouse In New York City - Sep 07, 2010
- JetBlue flight attendant who lost his cool gets bail - Aug 11, 2010
- Former JetBlue flight attendant avoids jail - Oct 20, 2010
- JetBlue Flight Attendant Steven Slater Pleads Guilty - Oct 19, 2010
- Steven Slater Inspires Many To Look For Unusual Ways To Quit Jobs - Aug 17, 2010
- U-turn by JetBlue attendant - Aug 15, 2010
- Lufthansa Flight Pillow Fight: A Stark Contrast With JetBlue Attendant's Exit! - Aug 11, 2010
- Ex-JetBlue flight attendant joins Mile High Text Club - Nov 16, 2010
Tags: airline attendant, colorful name, crew room, criminal mischief, dayna, facebook, fan page, fan pages, flight attendant, morley, new york daily news, overwhelming support, public address system, reckless endangerment, rude passenger, steward, toronto canada, trials and tribulations, two beers, york daily news