Bacteria to fight stench at Germany’s OktoberfestSeptember 11th, 2010 - 5:33 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Sep 11 (ANI): Germany’s Oktoberfest organisers will use microscopic bacteria to get rid of the smelly odours during the mega-drinking and eating event.
In the wake of the recent ban on smoking in public places in the southeastern state of Bavaria, the Munich-based extravaganza will rely on another method to purge rotten smells.
Earlier, the clouds of cigarette smoke helped in masking the stench of stale beer, sweat and bratwurst-breath.
According to Der Spiegel, the organisers have planned to pour a revolutionary solution containing special bacteria on floorboards, tables and toilets for the event, which completes 200 years, reports News.com.au.
The microbes should eat up the offending fumes leaving nothing but a subtle, soil-type smell, if all goes according to plan.
Oktoberfest festival would run from September 18 to October 4. (ANI)
- World's smelliest holiday spots are in Mexico, Italy, France - Mar 08, 2011
- Now, get rid of stinky shoes using UV gadget that blitzes the smell away! - Feb 17, 2011
- Joey Chestnut wins the bratwurst eating contest - Sep 19, 2011
- After UFOs, Oz locals losing sleep over USO, Unidentified Smelly Object! - Dec 23, 2009
- Stinking of rotten fish, woman took 10 showers a day - Apr 17, 2012
- Embarrassed by body odour? Here are some tips to get rid of it - May 07, 2011
- DiCaprio's pet dog stinks, say friends - Dec 12, 2011
- Blame skin microbes for mosquito bites - Dec 29, 2011
- Hunger sharpens sense of smell - Apr 01, 2011
- Deodorant to save smelly birds in NZ on the anvil - Sep 24, 2010
- Nanoparticles found promising in beating bad odours - Jan 27, 2011
- Revolutionary packaging could eliminate food poisoning - Apr 22, 2011
- 'Smelly food' can keep you off unwanted pounds - Mar 25, 2012
- Woman calls cops after cafe waitress says she smells - Aug 04, 2012
- Deodorant made from nanoparticles to eliminate unpleasant odours - Oct 31, 2010
Tags: ban on smoking in public places, bratwurst, cigarette smoke, der spiegel, extravaganza, floorboards, microbes, microscopic bacteria, news com au, odours, oktoberfest, organisers, revolutionary solution, sep 11, smoking in public places, soil type, southeastern state, spiegel, stale beer, stench