Baby dies after sitters injects him with drugsJuly 7th, 2012 - 12:01 am ICT by IANS
Washington, July 6 (IANS) A nine-month-old baby in Philadelphia died after his two sitters, aged 24 and 27, injected his feet and hands with heroin and cocaine, a media report said Friday.
Oscar Sanchez-Rivera and girlfriend Viameri Santana-Berrios were babysitting Milton Rojas when he died from a drug overdose. Doctors found needle marks on the baby’s hands and feet as well as undigested heroin and cocaine in his body, the Daily Mail reported.
A medical examiner told a court in Philadelphia that Milton had so much drugs in his body that he was like a “drug mule” - slang for someone who smuggles drugs in their bodies.
The baby died within six hours of being injected. The couple has been charged with murder.
Paramedic Dale Schroder told the court that he recognised marks normally found on drug addicts. He said he was called to the home in July last year after the baby was reported as being unresponsive.
The baby’s internal body temperature was already too low to register on a rectal thermometer, the paramedic said.
An autopsy showed eight needle marks on the feet and hands as well as heroin and cocaine still undigested in the baby’s stomach.
The pair were looking after the boy for his mother Iris Rojas.
- World's smallest insulin injection needle launched - May 25, 2011
- Lives in peril: Inside Manipur's drug zone - Dec 13, 2011
- Ultra-pure heroin arrives in U.S. - May 25, 2010
- Pakistani executed in Saudi Arabia - Sep 05, 2012
- Ultra-pure Heroin Arrives In The U.S. - May 25, 2010
- Study: Alcohol is more harmful than heroin - Nov 01, 2010
- Shocking pic shows LiLo with 'syringe of heroin', snogging Paris Hilton - Sep 26, 2010
- Alcohol 'more dangerous than crack cocaine': Study - Nov 02, 2010
- Surge in Cocaine mail trafficking: Russian official - Jul 30, 2012
- Mexican traffickers use minors to carry drugs into US - Mar 24, 2012
- Three Nigerians held with drugs in Delhi - May 20, 2011
- 61-year-old peddler arrested with drugs worth Rs.3 crore - Jul 13, 2012
- Mosley's son died after taking eleven times more cocaine than a potentially fatal dose - Jun 11, 2009
- Spain busts gang that hid drugs in babies' diapers - Nov 29, 2011
- Ultra-pure Heroin Secretly Makes Headway In U.S. - May 25, 2010
Tags: autopsy, babysitting, berrios, daily mail, drug addicts, drug overdose, girlfriend, hands and feet, heroin and cocaine, internal body temperature, medical examiner, month old baby, mule, needle marks, oscar sanchez, rectal thermometer, schroder, six hours, slang, stomach