Aziz says Pakistan against arms race in the regionNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:36 am ICT by admin
Pakistan is a peaceful country and believed in the resolution of all outstanding issues through dialogue and diplomacy, the Daily Times quoted him, as saying.
Speaking to Kayani, Aziz commended the role of the Pakistan Army both in defence and the development of the country, saying the army was a source of pride for the nation and played a very important role in maintaining internal and external security.
Aziz was quoted as saying that the army was a world-class fighting force, which has ensured peace and security, and because of this Pakistan is a major supplier of peacekeeping troops to the UN.
He went on to say that the people of Pakistan could not forget the unprecedented role that the army played in handling the challenging situation after the devastating October 8, 2005 earthquake.
On army’s requirements, Aziz said the government was aware of it, adding that necessary resources would be made available to enhance and improve the capabilities of the army and to modernize it with the latest weaponry needed to maintain security.
He also appreciated the self-reliance initiatives taken by the army to produce the necessary equipment to domestically meet Pakistan’s security needs, the paper reported. (ANI)
- Pakistan needs to be strict with terrorists: Kayani (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Mullen arrives in Islamabad to iron out US-Pak differences - Apr 20, 2011
- Saudi Arabia plays key role in region: Kayani - Oct 07, 2011
- Pakistan's 'honour' not to be bartered for 'prosperity': Kayani - May 01, 2011
- Protecting Pak's integrity to be priority during three-year extended term: Kayani - Nov 29, 2010
- Pakistani Army will remain India-centric, says Kayani - Feb 04, 2010
- No joint anti-terror operation with US: Pakistan - Aug 18, 2012
- Kayani lauds Pak Air Force role in counterterrorism operations - Mar 11, 2011
- Pakistan can defeat conventional, unconventional threats: Kayani - Jun 09, 2010
- Osama's killing: Pak military's lame explanations find no takers - May 03, 2011
- Pakistani dailies upbeat on Kayani's India statement - Apr 20, 2012
- Gilani meets defence chiefs; Kayani talks with Zardari (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- US general meets Pakistani army officials - Jul 14, 2011
- Pakistan favours demilitarization of Siachen: Kayani - Apr 19, 2012
- Pakistan vows stiff retaliation if attacked again (Lead) - Dec 02, 2011
Tags: army staff, chief of army, diplomacy, earthquake, external security, fighting force, necessary equipment, necessary resources, october 8, pakistan army, peace, peaceful country, peacekeeping troops, prime minster, self reliance, unprecedented role, very important role, vice chief, weaponry