Ayatollah Khamenei blames US, Israel for anti-Islam movieSeptember 14th, 2012 - 8:37 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, Sep 14 (IANS) Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has blamed the US and Israel for the production of an anti-Islam movie that insults Prophet Mohammad, Xinhua reported.
In a message issued Thursday, Khamenei said that “behind this evil move lie the antagonistic policies of the Zionists and the US and other heads of the global arrogance”, reported Press TV.
“The prime suspects in this crime are Zionism and the US government, ” said Khamenei.
“If the US politicians are honest in their claim of not being involved (in the production of this film), (they) must bring the perpetrators of this hideous crime and their financial backers, who have wrenched the hearts of Muslim nations, to face a punishment proportionate to this great crime,” he added.
Hundreds of Iranians protested Thursday against the movie. The protesters, carrying placards against the film and shouting anti-US and anti-Israel slogans, gathered in front of the Swiss embassy in Tehran which represents the US interests in Iran.
The controversial movie has also ignited violent protests in Egypt, Libya, Yemen, Tunisia and Iran.
- Iranians protest anti-Islam movie - Sep 13, 2012
- Iran marks 33rd anniversary of Islamic Revolution - Feb 12, 2012
- Iran's Ayatollah Khamenei praises unrest in Egypt, Tunisia - Feb 05, 2011
- J&K; wants anti-Islam video blocked - Sep 14, 2012
- Khamenei urges Islamic world to "sympathise, provide assistance" to Kashmir - Nov 16, 2010
- Iran to 'powerfully' respond to a US attack - Nov 10, 2011
- US warns of more violence over anti-Islam video - Sep 14, 2012
- Iran to announce new 'big' nuclear achievements - Feb 11, 2012
- Iran not hankering after n-weapons: Ayatollah Khamenei (Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Israel 'plans attack on Tehran within months' - Feb 04, 2012
Tags: ali khamenei, arrogance, ayatollah ali khamenei, ayatollah khamenei, backers, hideous crime, insults, iranians, muslim nations, perpetrators, placards, prime suspects, prophet mohammad, supreme leader ayatollah, supreme leader ayatollah ali khamenei, swiss embassy, violent protests, xinhua, zionism, zionists