Average Brit man spends 11 yrs in front of TV, 10,500 hrs in pubFebruary 27th, 2011 - 12:52 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 27 (ANI): The average British man spends 10,585 hours in the pub, 11 years in front of the TV and learns to cook just four meals in his lifetime, according to a new study.
The research also claimed the typical British man sleeps with nine partners over a lifetime and wastes one month looking for socks, reports the Daily Mail.
The average man is 5ft 10inches tall, weighs 175lbs and earns 28,270 pounds a year.
Each year he spends 570 pounds a year on designer clothes, 1,144 pounds on beer, more than 2,001 pounds shopping online, 2,189 pounds on gadgets and 417 pounds eating out.
However, it seems that modern men are feeling guilty about their lazy lifestyles because they will say sorry 1.9 million times during their lifetime, according to the study among 1,000 people by shopping website Kelkoo.
Although men are increasingly involved in the shopping experience, women are still the main purchasers in most households and tend to do approximately 80 per cent of household shopping.
As to physical traits, the research found men are on average 30 per cent stronger than women, have four per cent more brain cells weighing approximately 100 grams more and have better distance vision and depth perception.
Men also have a larger lung and heart capacity than women and 3.2 per cent more ‘fast twitch’ muscle fibres making them more suited to shorter intense sprints.
While the average woman is 5ft four inches tall and weighs 65 kgs, she has four times as many cells connecting the right and left sides of the brain, making her better at problem solving and multi-tasking.
Women also have better night vision and visual memory and are better suited to endurance tasks. (ANI)
- Average Brit man spends a month of his life searching for socks! - Feb 26, 2011
- Britain's 'Mr and Mrs Average' revealed - Oct 14, 2010
- 1 in 5 Brits wear their undies at least 250 times before buying new ones! - Dec 02, 2010
- Modern man 'has grown 4 inches taller than his ancestors in 100 yrs' - Apr 28, 2011
- What sort of man women prefer - Oct 04, 2011
- Women do cheat when it comes to weighing scales - Nov 23, 2010
- Middle-class women 'more than twice as likely to drink heavily' - Jan 28, 2011
- How far women will go to hide their weight! - Nov 22, 2010
- How 5ft 7Tom Cruise stands as tall as heel-wearing 5ft9 Cameron Diaz - Sep 30, 2010
- Men spend 276 miles lost on the roads: UK study - Aug 20, 2010
- Women'd save a lot if they listened to their heart - May 16, 2012
- Mums are better drivers than fathers, say kids - Dec 17, 2010
- Brit women have 50mn unwanted skincare products! - Apr 19, 2010
- Now, a simpler way to calculate body's 'Maximum Weight Limit' - Sep 19, 2009
- Brit women spend 4yrs on phone, 9 yrs shopping - Aug 12, 2010
Tags: average man, brain cells, british man, daily mail, depth perception, designer clothes, distance vision, fast twitch muscle, four inches, four meals, kelkoo, london feb, million times, muscle fibres, night vision, nine partners, physical traits, right and left sides of the brain, tv 10, visual memory