Autopsy says that Gadhafi died from shot to the headOctober 24th, 2011 - 8:16 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Tripoli, Oct 24 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The mystery surrounding the final moments of former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi was not solved after the autopsy result was announced on Sunday. The country’s top doctors who conducted the investigation into the death of Gaddafi said the 69-year-old died from shot to the head.
The report failed to give further details but the international community and human rights activists are asking only one question: was Gaddafi shot at close range? Dr. Othman el-Zentani who led the team to carry out the autopsy on the body declined to answer that question.
The Libyan National Transition Council (NTC) announced on Thursday that Gaddafi has been killed at his hometown of Sirte. Shortly after the announcement, an amateur video showing a bloodied Gaddafi being heckled in the streets surfaced on the Internet.
The international community led by the United Nations and the Amnesty International called on the NTC to carry out a probe into the death of Gaddafi.
The family of Gaddafi has urged the NTC to release his body for burial as the Muslim custom demands. In a statement, the family pleaded with the new leaders “to hand over the bodies of the martyrs of their tribe so they can be buried according to Islamic rites.”
- Gaddafi was shot in the head: Autopsy - Oct 23, 2011
- Muammar Gaddafi buried at secret location in desert - Oct 25, 2011
- New rulers declare Libya officially liberated - Oct 24, 2011
- Video shows Muammar Gaddafi being sodomized - Oct 22, 2011
- Finally, a hunted Gaddafi bleeds to death - Oct 20, 2011
- Gaddafi's youngest son Khamis still alive? - Nov 22, 2011
- Gaddafi's son vows to avenge father's death - Oct 23, 2011
- 53 Gaddafi supporters found executed in Sirte - Oct 25, 2011
- Libyan leaders find a mass grave having more than 1000 bodies - Sep 26, 2011
- Gaddafi says he is still in Libya - Sep 27, 2011
- Gaddafi's son Saif captured - Nov 19, 2011
- Libya elects Abdurrahim El-Keib as interim Prime Minister - Nov 01, 2011
- Gaddafi killing smacks of war crime: Prosecutor - Dec 16, 2011
- Still no idea about Gaddafi's whereabouts: NTC - Sep 20, 2011
- NTC seeks Gaddafi family's extradition - Oct 21, 2011
Tags: amateur video, amnesty international, autopsy, close range, gadhafi, human rights activists, islamic rites, libyan leader muammar, libyan leader muammar gaddafi, martyrs, muammar gaddafi, muslim, national transition, new leaders, ntc, othman, sirte, transition council, tripoli, united nations