Authorities examining suspicious packages on UPS flights in several airportsOctober 29th, 2010 - 11:02 pm ICT by BNO News
NEW YORK (BNO NEWS) — Authorities in New York, Philadelphia, New Jersey and several countries are examining suspicious packages on several UPS flights in several U.S. airports.
According to CNN, investigators found a suspicious package aboard a plane flying from Yemen to Chicago when it stopped in London on Thursday night.
The network said the England incident prompted inspection of arriving cargo flights in Newark, New Jersey and Philadelphia, as U.S. authorities, according to ABC News, are investigating a bomb plot against U.S. cargo planes.
“Out of an abundance of caution the planes were moved to a remote location where they are being met by law enforcement officials and swept,” the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) said in a statement.
A bomb scare was also reported at UPS offices in Queens, according to Fox News.
- UPS planes searched after suspicious item found in London - Oct 29, 2010
- Philadelphia, NJ & British Airport UPS Bomb Investigations - Oct 29, 2010
- Scotland Yard, TSA and White House statements regarding potential terror plot - Oct 30, 2010
- Plane lands safely at JFK amid global terror alerts - Oct 30, 2010
- TSA Administrator visits Yemen, meets with security officials in Germany - Nov 04, 2010
- Suspicious device at Namibia airport was part of U.S. security test - Nov 19, 2010
- Bomb scare at Newark airport in US - Dec 20, 2010
- Authorities investigate 'security concern' aboard US Airways aircraft - Oct 08, 2010
- Australia on alert after bomb packages found on US-bound cargo jets - Oct 30, 2010
- 'Suspicious item' aboard American Airlines flight in Miami declared safe - Jan 18, 2011
- Investigators investigating the suspicious UPS package in the Philadelphia airport bomb case - Oct 29, 2010
- US airport security glitches exposed - Dec 17, 2010
- Bomb discovery underscores threat from Yemen, al-Qaeda: US offficial - Oct 30, 2010
- Canada lists Yemen-based al-Qaeda group as terrorist organization - Dec 24, 2010
- Us judge dismisses suit challenging government's authority to kill Qaeda's Al-Awlaki - Dec 08, 2010
Tags: abc news, abundance of caution, airports, bno, bomb plot, bomb scare, cargo flights, cargo planes, cnn, fox news, investigators, law enforcement officials, newark new jersey, suspicious package, suspicious packages, thursday night, transportation security administration, tsa, ups, yemen