Author of ‘Paedophile’s Guide to Love and Pleasure’ arrestedDecember 21st, 2010 - 3:53 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Dec 21 (ANI): The author of the guidebook ‘Paedophile’s Guide to Love and Pleasure: A Child-Lover’s Code of Conduct’ has been arrested.
Phillip R. Greaves, who was detained in Colorado and will be extradited to Florida, was arrested on obscenity charges for the book that was briefly on sale on Amazon.com earlier this year.
“He wrote this book specifically to teach people how to molest and rape children,” the New York Daily News quoted Polk Sheriff Grady Judd as saying in Florida.
“You cannot engage in or depict children in a harmful light,” Judd stated.
Greaves was arrested after he sold and mailed his book to Polk deputies, and Judd said he even signed the book.
The tome, which sold for 4.79 dollars, was briefly featured on Amazon.com earlier this year, and the online retailer had initially defended the author’s right to free speech.
But in November the website finally removed it after groups targeted it for boycotts.
Greaves argues paedophiles are merely misunderstood, and had even defended them in an interview with CNN.
“True paedophiles love children and would never hurt them,” he had said. (ANI)
- Author confident e-book 'Paedophile's Guide' will be back on Amazon - Nov 12, 2010
- Fury over Amazon sale of e-book 'Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure' - Nov 11, 2010
- Amazon sells over 4 mn Kindle devices in December - Dec 30, 2011
- Man writes book on sex with dolphin - Sep 26, 2011
- Amazon to sell larger Kindle ebook reader worldwide - Jan 06, 2010
- Jobs biography Amazon's best-selling book of 2011 - Dec 07, 2011
- LiLo receives 250 letters a day behind bars - Jul 30, 2010
- Kindle outsells print versions of books - May 20, 2011
- Barack Obama high on Indian bookseller lists - Nov 01, 2010
- 50 held in US child-sex sting operation - Nov 03, 2011
- Amazon.com launches movie studio - Nov 17, 2010
- Sex book with 200 blank pages outsells Harry Potter, The Da Vinci Code! - Mar 15, 2011
- Amazon sells over one mn Kindles per week - Dec 16, 2011
- Hillary Duff's new romance novel for young adults - Oct 13, 2010
- Amazon launches online bookstore in China - Sep 29, 2011