Austrian cellar kidnap victim Natascha Kampusch ‘to pose naked for animals’June 19th, 2009 - 12:49 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 19 (ANI): Natascha Kampusch, who made headlines around the world when she was able to escape her kidnapper after being held for eight years in a dungeon in Austria, is reportedly in talks to strip off to promote animal rights.
After becoming the new face of PETA in Austria, Kampusch is apparently planning to bare all to protest against animal cruelty, reports The Sun.
A PETA spokesman said: “It’s possible, but not arranged yet.”
Yesterday, the 21-year-old sent a letter to Ilse Aigner, the agriculture minister in Germany where the PETA campaign is being organised, asking for freedom of zoo animals.
“It is up to you whether social, intelligent and wonderful creatures are to be freed from their chains and cages where ruthless people keep them.
“The animals would, if they could, flee as I did, because a life in captivity is a life full of deprivation,” she wrote.
Kampusch escaped from a basement in Strasshof just outside Vienna in August 2006 after being kidnapped and held there for eight years by Wolfgang Priklopil. (ANI)
- Vienna man confessed to raping cellar girl before killing himself - Aug 31, 2010
- Austrian kidnap girl pens autobiography - Jun 24, 2010
- Kate Winslet to play Austrian abductee in Bernd Echinger's biopic? - Jun 18, 2010
- Austrian girl talks of 8 years in captor's dungeon - Sep 06, 2010
- Kate Winslet to play Austrian kidnap victim? - Jun 17, 2010
- Cellar girl reveals her 3,096-day abduction rape and naked slavery horrors - Sep 06, 2010
- Austrian cellar victim felt 'free' when kidnapper killed himself - Sep 07, 2010
- Vienna play blasts media coverage of Fritzl incest case - Feb 25, 2009
- Austrian 'dungeon girl' turns chat show host - May 30, 2008
- Zoo not right place for animals, says Anoushka Shankar (With Image) - May 05, 2011
- Natascha Kampusch says her captor and Josef Fritzl idolised their mothers - Jun 03, 2008
- Khan sisters oppose caged animals in zoos - Jan 24, 2012
- Ape injures girl after escaping from zoo - Jul 16, 2012
- Boycott zoos, urge Mahima, Gulshan - Feb 15, 2012
- Austrian woman kept in dungeon, abused for 24 years - Apr 28, 2008
Tags: agriculture minister, animal cruelty, animal rights, captivity, chains, creatures, freedom, germany, headlines, kidnapper, london, natascha kampusch, new face, peta, ruthless people, spokesman, strasshof, vienna, wolfgang priklopil, zoo animals