Australian to graduate at 97!May 4th, 2012 - 4:16 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, May 4 (IANS) A 97-year-old Australian is set to create another world record by becoming the world’s oldest university graduate.
Allan Stewart, from Tea Gardens on the New South Wales (NSW) North Coast, will graduates with a Master of Clinical Science (Complementary Medicine) from Southern Cross University in Lismore town in NSW, reported Xinhua.
This will be his fourth university degree, which will surpass the Guinness record Stewart set in 2006 after completing a law degree at the University of New England at age 91.
Stewart completed his first degree in 1936 with a Bachelor of Dentistry from the University of Sydney, Xinhua quoted the Australian Broadcasting Corp said.
He later completed a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree at Northwestern University in Chicago, and practiced as a dentist in London, Sydney and the rural areas of northern NSW.
Stewart says the fourth university degree may be his last.
- Bogus Indian origin female dentist jailed for three years in UK - Mar 29, 2011
- Indian-origin woman worked as dentist with fake degree - Sep 30, 2010
- US couple becomes world's oldest bride and groom - Mar 03, 2012
- Government trying to create more jobs for dentists: Azad - Jan 17, 2011
- Mom's emotions affect child's dental health: Study - Aug 23, 2012
- Faster, easier Australian visas for students - Sep 22, 2011
- Post-graduation courses in Himachal dental college recognised - Feb 16, 2010
- Anxious people more likely to have dental problems - Nov 11, 2009
- Clark to choose between playing and heading new Sydney Big Bash franchise - May 02, 2011
- 20,000 dentists to reach Dubai for global meet - Jan 03, 2011
- Australians strip for charity - Dec 05, 2010
- Cutting edge technique can print new teeth after scan - Jul 15, 2011
- New device promises noiseless dental drill - Jan 10, 2011
- Women outnumbering men with advanced degrees - Apr 28, 2011
- World's oldest dog dies ahead of 27 birthday - Dec 08, 2011
Tags: australian broadcasting corp, bachelor of dentistry, clinical science, complementary medicine, dental surgery degree, doctor of dental surgery, first degree, guinness record, law degree, new south wales, northern nsw, northwestern university, nsw north coast, oldest university, southern cross university, tea gardens, university degree, university of new england, university of sydney, xinhua