Australian police arrest two for attack on Indian studentMay 28th, 2009 - 4:50 pm ICT by IANS
Melbourne, May 28 (IANS) Australian police Thursday arrested two teenagers over the beating of an Indian student on a Melbourne train, a media report said.
Sourabh Sharma, 21, was beaten by a group of thugs as he travelled on a train May 9, HeraldSun reported.
Two people, aged 16 and 18, were being questioned by the police in connection with the attack, it reported.
Sharma suffered a fractured cheek bone and a broken tooth in the attack, which was captured on closed circuit television cameras.
He said he was also racially abused and robbed during the attack.
- Attacks on Indian students not racial: Australian official - May 29, 2009
- Australia opposition leader slams government for attacks on Indians - May 29, 2009
- Thousands protest attacks on Indians in Australia (Lead) - May 31, 2009
- Five teenagers held for attacks on Indian students in Australia (Lead) - May 29, 2009
- Petrol bomb hurled at Indian student in Sydney - May 29, 2009
- Our students feel attacks racially motivated: Indian envoy to Australia (Lead) - May 29, 2009
- Crime against Indian community unacceptable: Victoria's premier - May 29, 2009
- Oz police release images of gang bashing of Indian student - May 21, 2009
- Australia assures safety of Indian students after attacks (Roundup) - May 28, 2009
- Indian students hold rally against attacks in Australia - May 31, 2009
- Australian government assures safety after attacks on Indian students (Lead) - May 28, 2009
- Thousands of Indian students protest attacks in Australia (Second Lead) (With Images) - May 31, 2009
- Arrange housing for Indian students, expat group tells varsities (Lead) - Jun 01, 2009
- Indian students should have own ombudsman: expat group - Jun 01, 2009
- Oz teens arrested for beating Indian student - May 28, 2009