Australian killer auditions for film roleJuly 3rd, 2012 - 8:41 pm ICT by IANS
Melbourne, July 3 (IANS) An Australian walked into a film set and auditioned for a role in a thriller, just days after he allegedly beheaded his neighbour, a media report said Tuesday.
Jonathon Stenberg, wanted by the New South Wales police for the decapitation of Edward Kelly in the tiny rural township of Winton in Queensland, tried his hand at playing the part of a policeman in new movie “Mystery Road”, the Herald Sun reported.
When the movie producers contacted the media for some publicity, they came to know about Stenberg’s crime.
Assistant director Mark Ingram said the cast and crew - which includes “The Matrix” actor Hugo Weaving, Jack Thompson and “True Blood” star Ryan Kwanten, were “still shaking their heads at their unlikely encounter” with Stenberg.
On June 23, Ingram was putting up posters outside a hotel asking locals to audition as extras in the movie, when Stenberg walked up to him.
Stenberg told the producers he had a lengthy background in the military, and that he was trained in weapons use and had served in Afghanistan.
Impressed with Stenberg’s audition, Ingram emailed him to offer him a role of a policeman, “ironically, because of his military background”.
Stenberg was arrested in a remote bush hideout south of Darwin. Police alleged he murdered Kelly, and left a hat in place of where his head should have been.
- Chris Evans Is The New "Captain America" - Mar 24, 2010
- Ryan Kwanten Bags The Role Of Charles Manson In His Biopic - Oct 28, 2010
- Hugo Weaving might play the villain Red Skull in Captain America - Mar 15, 2010
- 13 Pakistani soldiers killed in Afghan attack (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Teenaged hitman who beheaded victims held in Mexico - Dec 04, 2010
- Civil war enthusiast Alf Thompson uses his skills to disarm robber - Aug 07, 2012
- Hugo Weaving as Red Skull - Mar 15, 2010
- Brave Brit widow, 84, fights off burglar with walking stick! - Jan 20, 2011
- Cop Lucas Tete belonged to poor Jharkhand tribal family - Sep 03, 2010
- Buffalo jury convicts NY television executive for wife's 2009 beheading - Feb 08, 2011
- Hugo Weaving As Red Skull In Captain America - Mar 15, 2010
- Scorsese faces lawsuit for delayed project - Aug 24, 2012
- 'The Artist' bags Golden Globe for best original score - Jan 16, 2012
- Turkey attack video goes viral - Nov 28, 2011
- Man decapitates woman, runs off with head - May 15, 2011
Tags: blood star, decapitation, edward kelly, film role, film set, herald sun, hugo weaving, jack thompson, lengthy background, mark ingram, military background, mystery road, new south wales, new south wales police, rural township, ryan kwanten, south wales police, stenberg, township of winton, true blood