Australian journalist released from Singapore prisonJune 23rd, 2009 - 12:34 pm ICT by IANS
Singapore, June 23 (DPA) An Australian television journalist who served a jail term in Singapore for drug offences was released Tuesday from the city-state’s Changi prison, a prison spokesman said.
Peter Lloyd, 42, a former correspondent for the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) in India, had been sentenced in December to 10 months in jail after pleading guilty to possessing and consuming drugs.
“He has been released and is no longer in our custody,” the prison spokesman said.
Lloyd served nearly seven months of his jail term.
The court sentenced him for the possession and consuming of methamphetamine, or ice.
- Former ABC correspondent serving term on drug charges freed from Singapore jail - Jun 23, 2009
- Jailed Pakistan cricketers face deportation from Britain - Nov 12, 2011
- Judge orders Amber Portwood to go to rehab in place of jail - Feb 09, 2012
- ABC reporter Peter Lloyd slapped with three more drug charges - Jul 25, 2008
- Fort Dodge, IA man pleads guilty and sentenced for distributing meth - May 12, 2010
- ABC South Asia correspondents arrest on drug charges shocks colleagues - Jul 19, 2008
- Australian jailed in Bali for smuggling drugs in stomach - Jul 23, 2012
- ABC's Delhi correspondent held on drug charges in Singapore (Lead) - Jul 18, 2008
- ABC's Delhi correspondent arrested for drug offences in Singapore - Jul 18, 2008
- ABC's Delhi correspondent faces 3 new drug-related charges - Jul 25, 2008
- ABC's Delhi correspondent released on bail in Singapore - Jul 23, 2008
- ABC's Delhi-based correspondent held on drug charges in Singapore (Second Lead, superseding earlier story) - Jul 18, 2008
- ABC News director arrives in Singapore to meet Peter Lloyd - Jul 21, 2008
- Teen Moms' Amber Portwood's jail drama to be documented - Jun 12, 2012
- Jailed rapist released early assaults again within weeks - Jun 08, 2011
Tags: 10 months, abc, australian broadcasting corporation, australian journalist, australian television, changi prison, correspondent, drug offences, drugs, India, jail term, june 23, methamphetamine, peter lloyd, possession, seven months, singapore prison, spokesman, television journalist