Australian grandma gives birth to near-identical tripletsJune 24th, 2008 - 12:02 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, June 24(DPA) A 46-year-old Australian grandmother has given birth to naturally conceived identical triplets in what doctors said was a “one in-10-million” case. The three “99.9-percent” identical boys - Cooper, Kyle and Jordan - were born at 34 weeks by Caesarean section Thursday in Brisbane.
Janelle Perry and her husband, Robert, already have a 4-year-old daughter. Janelle also has four children in their 20s from a previous marriage as well as two grandchildren.
In October, the Perrys had given up hope of having another baby after trying unsuccessfully for two years. The doctors had given them a 5-percent chance of conceiving naturally.
“We thought, ‘Oh, well, it’ll probably never happen.’ We had sort of given up,” Janelle told the Courier Mail newspaper Tuesday.
But the Perrys now face the challenge of nurturing triplets after births that her doctor described as “one in 10 million.”
Queensland Fertility Group’s David Molloy told the newspaper that the chances of having identical triplets at 46 was “probably the same as winning Gold Lotto.”
“I’ll probably have to use different coloured nail polish on them to tell them apart,” Janelle was quoted as saying in the Courier Mail.
“I don’t want to get them mixed up. We’ve got to get a whiteboard so we can write down who’s been fed and how much. Getting into a routine, that’s the main thing.”
- Aussie grandma gives birth to 99.9-percent identical triplets - Jun 24, 2008
- Oz record mum gives birth to natural triplets at 47! - Oct 11, 2009
- 50-yr-old Mexican woman gives birth to gay son's baby - Nov 11, 2010
- Mexican woman with nine babies a fraud, say doctors - May 01, 2012
- Babies born by caesarean more likely to be obese - May 24, 2012
- Mexican woman pregnant with nine babies - Apr 27, 2012
- Amanda Holden has a scary time while giving birth - Jan 26, 2012
- 66-year-old gives birth to triplets in Haryana - Jun 13, 2010
- Couple dial 999 to save their five year old cat - Aug 19, 2011
- More cash-strapped Australian mums opt multiple birth - May 03, 2010
- British mom delivers rare identical triplets - Aug 05, 2012
- Baby born with two heads in Brazil - Dec 21, 2011
- Brit couple's pair of twins beat 17m-to-one odds to share same b'day - Apr 18, 2011
- Women aged 35 'are six times more likely to suffer fertility problems' - Jan 28, 2011
- Baby with two heads born in Brazil - Dec 22, 2011
Tags: 10 million, births, brisbane, caesarean section, courier mail, doctors, fertility, gold lotto, grandchildren, grandma gives birth, grandmother, identical triplets, janelle perry, jordan, june 24, molloy, perrys, queensland fertility group, s david, whiteboard