Australian found guilty of sex crimes on underage girlsSeptember 3rd, 2010 - 1:45 pm ICT by IANS
Melbourne, Sep 3 (IANS) A man in Melbourne who admitted coercing underage girls he met on the internet to have sex with him was found guilty Friday of committing at least 26 sex crimes.
John Raymond Zimmerman, 25, pleaded guilty to 26 sex crimes, including three counts of rape and nine counts of sexually penetrating a child under 16 and procuring a child for sex, the Herald Sun reported Friday.
Zimmerman stood with his hands folded in front of him and bowed his head slightly to the magistrate in the Melbourne magistrates’ court as he said only one word — “Guilty” — when asked how he intended to plead.
A clean-shaven Zimmerman, who avoided eye contact with anyone in the public gallery, also pleaded guilty to indecent assault, procuring a child for making child pornography, possessing child pornography, stalking and inviting a child under 18 to make child pornography.
Police have said Zimmerman contacted his victims through a social networking website and later coerced them into having sex with him.
- Oz student jailed for seeking 'vampire sex' online from girls under 14 - Feb 10, 2011
- Oz woman blames sex with 9-yr-old son on medication - Oct 07, 2010
- Pizza delivery man in Australia had sex with 14-year-old girl for 9 months - Feb 17, 2011
- Oz man, who 'felt a thrill' while sexually abusing friend's children, jailed - Feb 23, 2011
- Judge bans sex offender from one-night stands - Jul 14, 2012
- Indian-origin man jailed over sex with 14-year-old girl in Australia - Dec 17, 2010
- Australian music teacher jailed for raping students - Jun 18, 2010
- Footie manager jailed for 10 months for sex with underage player - Dec 15, 2010
- Man facing 99 child sex charges gets bail - Oct 25, 2011
- Teacher accused of rape used sex toys on victims - May 11, 2010
- 29-year-old Indian national jailed in Australia for sexual assault of a minor girl - May 31, 2010
- Another 'Oz Fritzl' faces incest, child sex charges dating back 40 yrs - Sep 24, 2009
- Victorian music teacher admits filming himself raping students - May 11, 2010
- Trayvon Martin shooter charged with second-degree murder - Apr 12, 2012
- Australian Labour MP charged with child pornography offences - Apr 21, 2011
Tags: child pornography, eye contact, having sex, herald sun, indecent assault, john raymond, magistrate, melbourne magistrates court, networking website, rape, sex crimes, social networking, underage girls, zimmerman