Australia fined for slow over-rate against West IndiesJuly 5th, 2008 - 7:24 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, July 5 (IANS) The Australian cricket team has been fined for maintaining a slow over-rate during its one-day international against the West Indies in St Kitts Friday. Match Referee Roshan Mahanama imposed the fine after Michael Clarke’s side was ruled to be one over short of its target when time allowances were taken into consideration.
In accordance with the International Cricket Council (ICC) Code of Conduct regulations governing over-rate penalties, players are fined five percent of their match fees for every over their side fails to bowl in the allotted time with the captain fined double that amount.
Australian skipper Clarke - in his first ODI as captain - was fined 10 percent of his match fee.
The offence relates to Section J of the ICC Code of Conduct which relates to slow over-rates. For such offences, the decision of the Match Referee is final and binding.
Australia won the match by one run to take a 4-0 lead in the five-match series. The final game between the two sides is also in St Kitts Sunday.
- Sammy slapped with fine for Windies slow over-rate - May 23, 2012
- Tim Bresnan reprimanded, Strauss fined for slow over-rate against India - Feb 28, 2011
- Bresnan reprimanded for breaching ICC Code of Conduct - Feb 28, 2011
- India fined for slow over-rate in second Test - Jul 03, 2011
- Pakistan fined for slow over rate against Sri Lanka - Feb 27, 2011
- Sri Lanka fined for slow over-rate in fifth ODI - Aug 05, 2012
- Tim Bresnan reprimanded, England fined - Feb 28, 2011
- India fined for slow over rate - Aug 29, 2010
- Dhoni, Indian team fined for slow over-rate - Jul 22, 2012
- Pollard, Proteas fined for breaching ICC Code of Conduct - May 22, 2010
- West Indies fined for slow over rate in T20 against Pak - Apr 23, 2011
- Dhoni banned 1 match for slow over rate - Feb 19, 2012
- England fined for slow over-rate in Johannesburg Test - Jan 18, 2010
- Australia fined for slow over-rate in Mohali ODI - Nov 03, 2009
- India fined for slow over-rate in Cape Town Test - Jan 06, 2011