Aussies’ are global leaders on personal wealth frontNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:24 am ICT by admin
Personal wealth measured in US dollars increased by 19.1 per cent annually in Australia over the period.
That rise was more than double the increase in the global average of 8.6 per cent annually, reports smh.com.au.
According to the BCG report, which measured and analyzed personal wealth trends in 62 countries, personal wealth is defined as personal assets under management, including listed securities held directly or indirectly through managed investments, cash deposits and money market funds.
It excludes wealth attributed to investors’ own businesses, residences or luxury goods.
Australia ranked seventh among all countries, behind only the rapidly developing economies of China on 23.4 per cent, Brazil on 22.4 per cent, Hungary on 22.3 per cent, Poland on 22.1 per cent, Slovakia on 22.0 per cent and the Czech Republic on 19.9 per cent.
“The superannuation system is having a very large effect on the way personal wealth is accumulated in Australia relative to most other countries,” Matthew Rogozinski, BCG’s head of Australian financial services, said
“The net effect has been to substantially increase Australian investors’ allocation towards listed securities at the expense of deposits.”
The number of millionaire households in Australia, defined as those with at least one million American dollars (1.13 million Australian dollars) in assets under management, in Australia grew from 110,000 in 2005 to 135,000 in 2006.
Rogozinski said the growth in personal wealth in Australia in the past year was driven by mass affluent households, defined as those with between 1,12,886 Australian dollars and one million American dollars in assets under management.
He said that Australia’s personal wealth profile represents an opportunity for financial institutions in Australia to develop new models of servicing the premium and private banking customer segments. (ANI)
- China boasts 3rd-largest population of millionaires in the world - Dec 03, 2010
- Millionaire households grow in China - Jun 05, 2012
- India, smaller Asian economies to lead growth - Feb 15, 2011
- UCO Bank's net up 22.35 percent in Q3 - Jan 28, 2011
- China's millionaires to cross 450,000 mark - Nov 20, 2009
- India's JSW Steel in multibillion Oz takeover bid - Oct 25, 2011
- Happiness comes with a price tag of $40K - Jul 31, 2010
- India's forex reserves grow by $1.36 bn - Jul 07, 2012
- De Niro to play Bernie Madoff in TV biopic - May 17, 2011
- South Korea's foreign reserves go up - Apr 03, 2012
- Adani Group acquires port in Australia - May 03, 2011
- Reliance Mutual bets big on retail investors - Oct 02, 2011
- India's forex reserves grow to $287.37 billion - Jun 17, 2012
- South Korea's foreign reserves grow in three months - Feb 02, 2012
- Indian millionaires' number up by 50 percent in 2009 - Jun 23, 2010
Tags: affluent households, american dollars, annually, assets under management, australia, australian dollars, australian financial services, australian investors, bcg, cash deposits, developing economies, global average, global leaders, listed securities, managed investments, money market funds, one million, personal assets, personal wealth, smh