Aussie man charged with drink-driving en route to driving test!February 14th, 2011 - 5:09 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Feb 14 (ANI): A learner driver has been arrested for drink-driving while on his way to sit his “provisional license test”.
The police said they spotted a silver Hyundai driving in excess of the 40k/h roadwork speed limit on the Newell Highway, about 25km north of West Wyalong, about 1pm (AEDT) today.
Officers stopped the car and submitted the learner driver to a breath test, which allegedly returned a positive result, reports news.com.au.
The 43-year-old man was arrested and taken to West Wyalong Police Station where he underwent a breath analysis and returned a low-range reading of 0.075.
He was issued a court attendance notice for driving with a low-range PCA and is due to appear in West Wyalong Local Court on Thursday 31 March 2011. (ANI)
- Spring is worst time of year for drink- driving: Survey - Apr 15, 2011
- Swann blames drink-driving rap on "mercy mission" to rescue his trapped cat! - Aug 17, 2010
- Swann 'drove to get screwdriver for rescuing cat after drinking for five hours' - Oct 08, 2010
- Drunk Indian-origin driver rams bus into low bridge - Aug 01, 2010
- 100 drunk drivers nabbed in Melbourne - Nov 27, 2010
- Learner driver jailed for killing 9 year old - Dec 22, 2011
- Oz woman let off for drink driving over lack of public transport! - Aug 04, 2010
- Foreigners not knowing English clear driving tests in Britain - Feb 13, 2012
- Adelaide hero Swann to face drink-drive trial at home - Dec 08, 2010
- Gazza may be jailed for druk driving - Nov 11, 2010
- Oz man booked for drink driving in stolen taxi - Jul 19, 2010
- Swann fails to get drink-drive charge dismissed in court - Dec 09, 2010
- Witness' failure to attend court delays Gazza 'drik-driving' care for 3rd time - Dec 14, 2010
- Brit drivers 'risking life by using Twitter, Facebook while driving' - Mar 20, 2011
- Oz cop caught drink-driving in police vehicle while on duty! - Mar 11, 2010
Tags: breath analysis, breath test, court attendance, driving test, feb 14, hyundai, learner driver, license test, local court, melbourne, newell highway, old man, pca, police station, provisional license, result reports, roadwork, speed limit, west wyalong