Attack on US airbase in Afghanistan kills twoMarch 6th, 2012 - 12:22 am ICT by IANS
Kabul, March 5 (IANS) Two children died Monday when a suicide bomber detonated his explosives in front of a US airbase in eastern Afghanistan.
The attack took place around 5.30 p.m. at the main gate of the Bagram Airbase, an interior ministry official said. Two other civilians were injured, Xinhua reported.
The target might have been a military convoy, he said.
A spokesman for the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said no ISAF soldiers were killed. The Bagram Airbase is located 50 km from Kabul.
- 16 foreign troops killed in single day in Afghanistan - Oct 29, 2011
- Kabul attack not to change US Afghan strategy: Pentagon - Nov 02, 2011
- Blasts rock Kabul, Taliban target US embassy - Sep 13, 2011
- Afghanistan: Suicide bomber kills NATO troops, children near market - May 21, 2012
- 13 US soldiers die in Kabul bombing - Oct 29, 2011
- 10 dead, 12 wounded in Afghan airport bombing (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Taliban killed in failed bombing, five injured - Dec 02, 2011
- Suicide bombers attack Kabul shortly after Obama's visit - May 03, 2012
- Suicide attack kills seven policemen in Afghanistan - Aug 05, 2010
- Damascus bombings toll rises to 55 (Second Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Seven killed in Afghan clashes against Quran burning - Feb 24, 2012
- 10 die in Afghanistan airport suicide blast - Feb 27, 2012
- Two NATO soldiers killed in Afghanistan blast - Jul 23, 2012
- Triple suicide bombings kill 18 in Afghanistan (Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- NATO denies running secret prison in Afghanistan - Oct 19, 2010
Tags: bagram airbase, civilians, eastern afghanistan, explosives, interior ministry, international security assistance, isaf, kabul, military convoy, ministry official, spokesman, suicide bomber, target, xinhua