At least seven killed, eight wounded in Iraq attacksMay 24th, 2008 - 10:15 pm ICT by admin
Baghdad, May 24 (DPA) At least seven people were killed Saturday and eight others were wounded in separate attacks in Iraq, media reports said. In the Iraqi province of Nineveh, police sources told the Voices of Iraq (VOI) news agency that members of a US patrol had opened fire on civilians, killing two and wounding a child.
Sources said that US forces had fired at civilians after an explosive device detonated in the Nabi Younes area in the northern city of Mosul.
No further details were given and the US military declined to comment on the attack when contacted, VOI said.
In a separate incident, militants opened fire on a location of the Awakening Council in Baquba’s Had Mokasar area, killing one member, police sources told VOI.
In Baquba’s Behrez area, militants attacked another meeting point of the Awakening Council, injuring two members.
The Awakening Councils are local police squads mainly in Sunni provinces which fight the Al Qaeda terrorist network.
In Diyala province, some 57 km north-east of Baghdad, militants opened fire on security troops in Sama district, killing an Iraqi police officer and wounding five soldiers, VOI said.
Also in Diyala, militants opened fire on a house in Shohada district killing three Iraqis members of the same family, security sources told VOI.
Sources said that the injured had been taken to a nearby hospital.
- 6 killed in Iraq violence - Aug 25, 2012
- Five Iraqi soldiers killed in separate attacks - Sep 05, 2012
- 30 wounded in Iraq bombings - Sep 09, 2012
- 2 killed, 16 injured in attacks in Iraq - Nov 13, 2011
- Six killed in Iraq attacks - Jan 23, 2012
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- Five killed in Iraq violence - May 24, 2012
- One killed in sticky bomb attack in Iraq - Nov 21, 2011
- 10 killed in Iraq bombing - Nov 03, 2011
- Three killed, nine injured in Iraq - Apr 30, 2012
- Nine killed, 21 injured in Iraq - Aug 08, 2011
- 17 killed in two Iraq attacks - Dec 01, 2011
- Iraq official survives bomb attack - Apr 22, 2012
- Two policemen killed in Iraq bombings - Mar 09, 2012
- Two US soldiers among five killed in Iraq explosion - Jun 11, 2010
Tags: al qaeda, baquba, civilians, explosive device, family security, iraq attacks, iraqi police, may 24, meeting point, militants, nearby hospital, news agency, nineveh, police officer, police sources, security sources, security troops, terrorist network, us military, voices of iraq