At least 25 killed in Iraq car bombingJune 10th, 2009 - 4:41 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, June 10 (DPA) At least 25 people were killed and 34 injured Wednesday when a car bomb exploded at a market in the southern Iraqi city of Nasriya, a security official said.
The explosion took place in al-Bathaa market in the north of the city during a busy morning, the source said. Numerous businesses were destroyed.
The injured were transferred to a nearby hospital. The number of casualties is expected to rise, according to the official.
Nasriya, the capital of the normally relatively peaceful province of Dhi Kar, is situated some 375 km south of Baghdad. Multinational forces transferred security responsibilities for the province to Iraqi forces in September 2006.
- 32 killed in Iraq car bomb blast (Lead) - Jun 10, 2009
- Roadside bomb kills five Iraqi soldiers - Aug 03, 2012
- 10 killed in Iraq bombings - Nov 25, 2011
- 27 killed, 55 injured in Iraq blasts (Lead) - Jun 20, 2010
- 18 killed, 42 injured in Iraq blasts - Jun 20, 2010
- Over 40 killed in Iraq violence (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- 12 killed in Iraq bombings - Jul 23, 2012
- Four killed in Iraq bomb blasts - Aug 12, 2011
- Car bomb attack kills nine in Baghdad - May 04, 2011
- Six killed, over 50 wounded in Iraq bombing - Jun 22, 2012
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- 13 killed, 74 injured in series of blasts in Baghdad - May 22, 2011
- Two killed, 11 injured in Iraq blasts - Apr 26, 2012
- 25 killed, 75 wounded in Iraq suicide car bombing - May 05, 2011
- Seven killed in Iraq bomb blasts - Aug 04, 2011