At least 12 killed in Iraq car bombingApril 15th, 2008 - 6:18 pm ICT by admin
Baghdad, April 15 (Xinhua) At least 12 people were killed and more than 40 wounded in a car bomb explosion in Iraq’s Diyala province Tuesday, a provincial police source said. “A booby-trapped car parked outside a courthouse in the city of Baquba, 65 km northeast of Baghdad, went off at about 11:30 a.m., killing at least 12 people and wounding more than 40,” the source told Xinhua on condition of anonymity.
Women and children were among the casualties, the source said.
Diyala province, which stretches from eastern edges of Baghdad to the Iranian border, has long been the stronghold of Al Qaeda militant groups and hotbed of insurgency and sectarian violence since the US-led invasion in 2003.
- Six killed in Iraq attacks - Jan 23, 2012
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- One killed in sticky bomb attack in Iraq - Nov 21, 2011
- 30 wounded in Iraq bombings - Sep 09, 2012
- 10 killed in Iraq bombing - Nov 03, 2011
- Iraq official survives bomb attack - Apr 22, 2012
- 2 killed, 16 injured in attacks in Iraq - Nov 13, 2011
- 17 killed in two Iraq attacks - Dec 01, 2011
- Five Iraqi soldiers killed in separate attacks - Sep 05, 2012
- Six killed, 39 injured in Iraq car bombings - Aug 16, 2012
- One killed, nine injured in Iraq bombings - Jul 09, 2012
- 6 killed in Iraq violence - Aug 25, 2012
- Two policemen killed in Iraq bombings - Mar 09, 2012
- 11 soldiers killed in Iraq car bombing - Mar 14, 2011
- 25 killed in Iraq truck bombing - Jul 03, 2012
Tags: 12 killed in iraq, al qaeda, anonymity, baghdad, baquba, car bomb explosion, car bombing, casualties, diyala province, eastern edges, hotbed, insurgency, invasion, iranian border, militant groups, police source, provincial police, sectarian violence, stronghold, xinhua