Aston’s Pires wants revenge against Man U’s NevilleFebruary 1st, 2011 - 4:49 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb.1 (ANI): Aston Villa winger Robert Pires has asked Manchester United coach Sir Alex Ferguson to pick defender Gary Neville for tonight’s game between the two sides so that he can get his revenge for the many clashes the two have had in the past.
Pires, 37, is desperate to face Neville who he clashed with many times during his time at Arsenal.
Asked who the most annoying player he has played against, The Sun quoted Pires, as saying: “Gary Neville. Every time I came up against him, he made my life a misery. There were a lot of insults - he liked to tread on my feet at corners or free kicks.”
He added: “I thought more about having a row with him than playing football.
Pires starred in the 3-1 FA Cup win over Blackburn at the weekend to play himself into contention for the Premier League trip to Old Trafford.
The French legend is loving his Indian summer at Villa Park. (ANI)
- Sky should forget signing Gary Neville: Ferguson - Jan 30, 2011
- Neville tells Mourinho to forget coming to Man U - Mar 14, 2011
- Fergie says City can't handle pressure, Man U used to playing big games - Jan 23, 2010
- Neville cold shouldered at Man U following Tevez spat - Feb 03, 2010
- 'Bad' game against Liverpool has left Man U in fight with Arsenal for Premier Legaue - Mar 10, 2011
- Banned defender Bromby to join fans for United clash - Dec 31, 2009
- Man U veteran defender Neville retires - Feb 03, 2011
- Valencia can be key in reviving Man U's treble bid - Mar 11, 2011
- Ferguson poised for 100 million pounds-plus summer buying campaign - Mar 06, 2011
- Ferguson's whopping 100,000 pound-a-week offer for Young - Apr 01, 2011
- Arsenal's '2004 Invincibles' won't happen again: Ferguson - Dec 13, 2010
- Scholes agrees to new one-year deal with Man U - Feb 24, 2011
- Man City groundsman's Facebook site closed for Man U diatribe on derby eve - Feb 11, 2011
- Fergie targets century of Champions League wins - Mar 15, 2011
- Ferguson set for 60 million pounds hiring spree this summer - Apr 13, 2010
Tags: alex ferguson, arsenal, aston villa, blackburn, clashes, coach, contention, free kicks, gary neville, indian summer, insults, london feb, manchester united, misery, premier league, revenge, robert pires, sir alex ferguson, villa park, winger