Assam terror toll rises to 45October 30th, 2008 - 4:41 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, Oct 30 (IANS) The death toll in the serial bombings in Assam Thursday has risen to 45, the authorities said.Twenty people were killed in the state’s main city Guwahati. Eleven were killed in Barpeta town and 14 in Kokrajhar district.
Over 100 people were also injured.
Four blasts rocked Guwahati, one close to the chief minister’s secretariat, officials said. Police said earlier that 30 people were killed.
- Don't spare Assam's Kasab, say victims of 2008 blasts - Oct 29, 2010
- NDFB chief Daimary sent to 12 days police custody - May 02, 2010
- NDFB chief is Assam's 'Kasab', say angry blast victims - May 02, 2010
- Daimary confesses to serial explosions in Assam - May 03, 2010
- To defend Daimary or not? Question splits Assam lawyers - May 05, 2010
- Chronology of recent terror attacks in India - Jul 13, 2011
- Four NDFB bombers linked to Assam blasts held - May 28, 2010
- Assam Police leadership collapsed during Oct 30 blasts: Report - Oct 26, 2009
- Daimary now making calls to his commanders for restraint - May 09, 2010
- Where is our compensation, kin of Assam blast victims ask PM - Oct 30, 2009
- Accidents kills six in Assam - May 23, 2012
- Separatist bomber killed, repeat of Oct 30 bombings averted - Oct 30, 2009
- Chopper carrying PM returns due to bad weather (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- A year on, Assam blast victims' families yearn for peace - Oct 28, 2009
- Assam toll rises to 12, army called in (Second Lead) - Jul 22, 2012