Asian woman, kids beaten up in BritainMarch 15th, 2012 - 8:42 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 15 (IANS) In what is being termed a racial attack, a woman of Asian origin was beaten up and her three daughters ill-treated by three people who tried to steal a packet of crisps from her shop in Britain.
Saly Chowdhury was left with a black eye and facial injuries after being bashed up by two men and a woman at her shop, the Hendon Valley Stores, in Sunderland, the Daily Mail reported.
The incident took place last week when 31-year-old Chowdhury, a mother-of-four, ran after the thieves and accidentally locked herself out of her shop.
The trio hurled racist abuses at her. They allegedly spat on her four-year-old daughter Ousha, shoved her seven-year-old daughter against the wall and thumped her 13-year-old daughter in the face, the report said.
They then allegedly punched Chowdhury in the face, tore out chunks of her hair and choked her with her scarf.
She managed to free herself and get her children inside to safety.
“I’m not letting them do that to me again. It was scary and it’s worrying going back to work but there is no need for this behaviour. I have many great customers who know me and I know them. If this is all about stealing, then please speak to me first and we can see if something can be sorted out,” she said.
Police said the incident “simply won’t be tolerated”.
- Woman wears her seven-year-old daughter's dresses - Nov 08, 2011
- Woman steals flowers from schoolboy's grave, sparks outrage - Dec 07, 2011
- Madonna is a fantastic mother: Kelly Osbourne - Feb 26, 2011
- Man murders stepmother - Mar 06, 2012
- Villagers beat three thieves to death - May 19, 2012
- Couple jailed, lose custody of daughter, over stolen sandwiches - Oct 31, 2011
- Knitting - singer Pink's new hobby - Jul 20, 2011
- Holmes goes shopping to cheer herself - Aug 26, 2012
- Schoolgirl chokes to death after imitating suicide scene - Dec 27, 2011
- French woman held for stealing handbag - Aug 22, 2012
- Woman arrested for stealing 2398 jars of coffee - Nov 05, 2011
- Daughter made me more comfortable with my chest: Christina Applegate - Feb 23, 2011
- My mother is nucleus of my existence: Aishwarya (With Images) - Mar 23, 2012
- Woman, 28, barred from nightclubs for being 'old' - Jan 24, 2012
- Photo of maid released in ex-Income Tax officer's murder - Sep 13, 2012
Tags: asian origin, asian woman, black eye, britain london, chowdhury, chunks, daily mail, facial injuries, london march, packet of crisps, racial attack, saly, scarf, thieves, three daughters, two men