Asian woman falls from London rooftop restaurantSeptember 6th, 2012 - 7:47 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 6 (IANS) An Asian businesswoman died after plunging 80ft from a London rooftop restaurant in front of 100 diners.
According to witnesses, the smartly-dressed Asian woman, in her 30s, took a sip of wine, placed her handbag on the floor before leaping from the eight-storey building, The Sun reported.
She fell from the top of Coq D’Argent restaurant in London Wednesday evening and narrowly missed shoppers and commuters outside Bank station as her body hit the ground. The woman was not identified.
“The place was packed. Everyone was just doing their usual, drinking and talking loudly,” said a male diner, who witnessed the woman’s fall.
“She must have walked to the corner and just jumped. All of a sudden the restaurant went quiet and a staff member said we had to leave. It was extremely eerie,” he added.
A woman staff member, who didn’t want to be named, said: “I heard a scream and a thud.
“Her leg was broken, there was a pool of blood around her head. I looked to see if she was breathing and had a pulse but she didn’t.”
- Man posts Facebook messages on how he killed daughter - May 18, 2011
- Fearing loss of job, Brit-Indian stockbroker commits suicide - Feb 17, 2010
- Anderson performs lap dance - May 19, 2012
- Jennifer Ellison breaks wrist in piano accident - Sep 19, 2011
- John Galliano to sue couple accusing him of making Asian slurs - Feb 27, 2011
- Hero pensioner Ann Timson to sell handbag on eBay - Feb 17, 2011
- Girl, 10, does a Usain Bolt to catch thieves - Jul 01, 2011
- Brit pensioner fights off 6 sledgehammer-wielding thugs with handbag - Feb 08, 2011
- Woman killed, cops hunt for rapist civil servant - Aug 29, 2011
- Wayne Rooney's fiery verbal spat with wife Coleen - Oct 26, 2010
Tags: asian woman, businesswoman, commuters, coq d argent, diners, handbag, pool of blood, restaurant in london, rooftop restaurant, scream, shoppers, sip of wine, staff member, sun, thud, wednesday evening