‘Aryan’ Hitler had ‘black and Jewish’ ancestors: DNA researchAugust 24th, 2010 - 11:53 am ICT by ANI
London, Aug.24 (ANI): Nazi dictator and so-called champion of the “Aryan race” Adolf Hitler could have had black and Jewish ancestors, the “sub-human” groups he earmarked for extermination during his 12-year reign (1933-1945).
Tests on a DNA sample taken from one of his relatives show Hitler as having North African roots.
A journalist working for a magazine in Brussels managed to get hold of a sample from Alexander Stuart-Houston, 61, a grand-nephew of Hitler living in America, after picking up a serviette he had dropped, The Sun reports.
Reporter Jean-Paul Mulders used the services of historian Marc Vermeeren to find Hitler’s Austrian cousin, a farmer called Norbert H, and 39 other distant relatives.
Norbert H gave Vermeeren and Mulders a sample of his saliva.
Using both the Austrian sample and the serviette DNA, Mulders claims the link between the two men was “irrefutable”, adding: “the Y-chromosome was identical.”
The particular form of the DNA they found, Haplopgroup E1b1b (Y-DNA) is rare in Germany and Western Europe.
“It is most commonly found in the Berbers of Morocco, in Algeria, Libya and Tunisia as well as among Ashkenazi and Sephardic Jews,” Mulders added in the magazine, Knack.
The magazine claims the DNA was tested under stringent laboratory conditions to obtain results. (ANI)
- Adolf Hitler had Jewish, African ancestors, show DNA tests - Aug 24, 2010
- DNA Reveals Nazi Leader Adolf Hitler Possibly of Jewish & African Decent - Aug 24, 2010
- Adolf Hitler Had Jewish-African Origins, Research Suggests - Aug 25, 2010
- Hitler's 39 relatives discovered in Austria, US - Sep 15, 2009
- Heart disease likely to pass from father to son - Feb 09, 2012
- 49,000-yr-old Spanish murder site indicates 'Neanderthals were cannibals' - Dec 22, 2010
- Rare Hitler colour photos found - Jan 12, 2012
- General Franco gave list of Spanish Jews to Nazis - Jun 21, 2010
- Ashkenazi Jewish population more diverse than people of European descent - Aug 27, 2010
- Wanting to fight Nazis, Hitler's nephew wrote to Roosevelt - Aug 02, 2012
- Soon, a simple, prenatal blood test for developing foetus - Jun 30, 2010
- Hitler had son with French teen - Feb 18, 2012
- Son of Hitler's deputy accused of sexual abuse - Jan 03, 2011
- Austrian city strips Hitler of its honorary citizenship - May 25, 2011
- Nazi-era mass grave found at Austrian army base - Mar 10, 2010
Tags: adolf hitler, african roots, alexander stuart, aryan race, ashkenazi, berbers, distant relatives, dna research, extermination, grand nephew, human groups, jewish ancestors, laboratory conditions, living in america, nazi dictator, saliva, sample taken from, sephardic jews, serviette, y chromosome