Artists from 20 nations to participate in Cuba musical festFebruary 4th, 2009 - 9:47 am ICT by IANS
Havana, Feb 4 (Prensa Latina) Musicians from 20 countries, including Latin America and the Caribbean, will participate in the 25th Jazz Plaza International Festival here this year, the organisers announced. Vice president of organising committee Alexis Vazquez said musicians from Venezuela, Argentina, Brazil and Bermudas, among others, would participate in the global musical fest Feb 12-15.
The event will be organised in 11 localities, including the Cuban capital as well as in the Matanzas provincial capital of Varadero.
The inaugural gala will take place at Casa de la Cultura in Plaza de la Revolucion, Amadeo Roldan and Mella Theatres.
The uniqueness of the event is that the participants are not paid for their performances, and visitors to the programme also finance their own trips.
- Cuba celebrates 50 years of electroacoustic music - Apr 01, 2011
- Exotic cactus species found in Cuba - Jun 04, 2012
- Singer Julieta Venegas to perform at Miami festival - Sep 08, 2011
- Winter fest, youngsters give jazz a chance - Dec 14, 2011
- 20 countries to participate in Cuba's cultural fest - Apr 30, 2010
- Cuba to host international folklore conference - Nov 05, 2009
- Mexico sets record for largest folk dance performance - Sep 05, 2011
- Cuba hosts global meet on neurological disorders - Mar 09, 2010
- Erosion threatens famous Cuban sea resort - Jul 27, 2009
- Cuban zombie film to premiere at Toronto film fest - Aug 04, 2011
- 2 million Cuban students get trained in arts - Jan 18, 2012
- Over a million Cubans rock to Juanes concert (Lead) - Sep 21, 2009
- Cuba inaugurates 46th National School Games - Jul 08, 2010
- Cuba has carried out 5,000 kidney transplants - Dec 06, 2011
- Cuba tries new methods to obtain energy - Jan 14, 2012
Tags: alexis, argentina brazil, bermudas, caribbean, cuba, cuban capital, havana, jazz plaza, latin america, localities, musicians, organisers, organising committee, participants, prensa latina, provincial capital, roldan, uniqueness, venezuela, vice president