Artery-busting monster burger that packs in 4,800 calories unveiled in US!March 26th, 2009 - 2:52 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 26 (ANI): Caterers at a baseball stadium in Michigan, USA, have unveiled an artery-busting hamburger containing 4800 calories - more than twice the recommended daily amount.
The Fifth Third baseball park in Michigan, home to the West Michigan Whitecaps, is daring fans to eat the ’snack’, promising a free T-shirt to anyone who succeeds.
The Fifth Third Burger, named after the park, contains five beef patties, five slices of cheese, fries, chilli, salsa, sour cream and a bun made from a pound of dough.
However, health concerns haven’t been completely ignored - the monster meal is topped off with a few leaves on lettuce and a couple of tomato slices.
“Besides being unique and large and bizarre, it tastes good,” the Telegraph quoted Scott Lane, Whitecaps president, as telling the Grand Rapids News.
“I’m sure there are going to be crazies that come down and try to eat the entire thing,” Lane added.
The snack contains nearly 300 grams of fat, 744 milligrams of cholesterol and more than 10,000 milligrams of sodium, the paper said.
However, Lane shrugged off the health implications inherent in taking on the Fifth Third.
“At home, people eat healthy. When they come to a game, they might eat a hot dog,” Lanse said. (ANI)
- Burger King's NY Pizza Burger is waistline buster at 2,520 calories - Aug 19, 2010
- Giant burger sets new world record - Sep 04, 2012
- Now, a McDonald's burger named after Shane Warne! - Nov 10, 2010
- World's Biggest Burger To Find It's Place In Guinness Book Of World Records - Jun 14, 2010
- Brisbane's 'monster' burger a 'heart attack on a plate' - Aug 18, 2010
- Burger King launches '1160-calorie Meat Monster' in Japan - Apr 13, 2011
- Taste the 1,500-calorie 'latest food atrocity' burger to believe it! - Jun 23, 2010
- KFC's 'Double Down' burger to be sold in New Zealand - May 10, 2011
- Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger: 1000 Plus Calorie "Luther Burger" - Aug 18, 2010
- In and out burger extends reach - Jun 03, 2009
- Sydney cafe makes world's biggest burger ever! - Jun 07, 2010
- Krispy Kreme Burger: The Making of a "Killer" Snack - Aug 19, 2010
- Burger weighing 777 pounds sets new record - Jul 05, 2011
- Unhealthiest of fast foods revealed - Aug 10, 2010
- Now a blood-vessel-busting 5000-calorie burger available in UK - Jan 28, 2011
Tags: baseball park, baseball stadium, beef patties, bun, calories, caterers, cheese fries, crazies, free t shirt, health concerns, health implications, hot dog, lettuce, michigan usa, milligrams, monster burger, snack, sour cream, tomato slices, west michigan whitecaps