Arsenal hit by Gallas, Silvestre injuriesJanuary 9th, 2009 - 1:31 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 9 (DPA) Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said he expects to be without William Gallas and Mikael Silvestre for up to three weeks because of injury.Gallas has a hamstring injury, while Silvestre suffered a thigh injury in the FA Cup win over Plymouth last weekend.
Wenger said Denilson and Toure would return for the visit of Bolton on Saturday.
“Kolo and Denilson will be back available,” Wenger said. “However unfortunately we have lost William Gallas with a hamstring problem.
“We lost Silvestre too with a thigh problem last week as well. So we have lost two players from the game on Saturday but we have gained two back.
“I think Gallas and Silvestre will be out for three weeks.”
- Wenger fears striker Eduardo can be asked to leave Arsenal - Apr 30, 2010
- Wenger takes blame for Arsenal's FA Cup ouster at Stoke - Jan 25, 2010
- Arsenal's van Persie out for six weeks with knee injury - Mar 02, 2011
- Fabregas' hamstring is in head: Wenger - Dec 27, 2010
- No rift between Fabregas, Denilson says coach Wenger - Jan 20, 2011
- First test for Arsenal after great start - Aug 27, 2009
- Gunners goalkeeper Szczesny out of action with tendon injury - Mar 11, 2011
- Wenger hails team spirit after routing Everton 6-1 - Aug 18, 2009
- Allow me to join Barcelona, Fabregas tells Wenger - Jul 18, 2011
- I could write a book about the summer: Wenger - Sep 10, 2011
- Wenger jealous of United's FA Cup exit - Jan 04, 2010
- Desperate Wenger turns to veteran Jens to revive Arsenal's fortunes - Mar 15, 2011
- Wenger expects Gallas to bounce back from injury - Apr 10, 2009
- Wenger to get 55 million pounds for squad overhaul - Feb 20, 2012
- Walcott can be injury hit Arsenal's match-winner against Barcelona at Nou Camp: Wenger - Apr 01, 2010