Arnie would love to be US PresidentDecember 23rd, 2008 - 12:57 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 23 (ANI): California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has admitted that he would like to be President of the United States if the Constitution was changed.
The president of the United States must be an American-born citizen, according to the Constitution.
As the Governor of California, the Austrian-born former body-builder has been in charge of one of the largest economies in the world since 2003, The Telegraph reported.
But with only two years remaining in his maximum eight-year run as Governor of California, he will be out of a job in two years.
Asked in an interview with CBS News what his next goal was, he made his ambitions clear.
If the Constitution was changed, youd like to be president, wouldn”t you? 60 Minutes correspondent Scott Pelley asked Schwarzenegger.
Yeah, absolutely. I think that I am always a person that looks for the next big goal. And I love challenges, Schwarzenegger responded.
I always set goals that are so high, that are almost impossible to achieve, because then, youre always hungry for climbing and climbing. The climb is always interesting. When you get there you just have to pick another goal, he added.
Schwarzenegger rose to fame as a Hollywood action-film hero. His role as the Terminator inspired the nickname the Governator after he was elected in a special recall election to replace then-Governor Gray Davis.
It has been rumoured that he may run for a seat in the US Senate in 2010, and many supporters of the Governor, who holds dual Austrian and American citizenship, have explored the possibility of amending the US Constitution so that he can run for president. (ANI)
- Schwarzenegger wants to become US president - Dec 23, 2008
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, Maria Shriver split after 25 years - May 10, 2011
- I would run for U.S. President if law were changed: Schwarzenegger - May 01, 2010
- Arnie is the most extraordinary guy I've ever met, says Sly - Sep 11, 2010
- 'Terminator' Arnie to return as cartoon superhero 'Governator' - Apr 01, 2011
- It's now Professor Arnold Schwarzenegger! - Aug 03, 2012
- Arnie denies 'fluffer' job claim - Apr 30, 2010
- Arnold Schwarzenegger inspects his larger-than-life clay sculpture - Feb 18, 2011
- Arnie gets parking ticket a day after leaving office - Jan 05, 2011
- Schwarzenegger hits all-time low in polls - Jul 31, 2009
- Medvedev accepts Schwarzenegger invite for skiing - Jan 04, 2011
- Schwarzenegger to star in 'The Governator' - Apr 01, 2011
- Schwarzenegger plans to return to acting - Nov 22, 2010
- Arnie dubs Congress members 'gutless wimps' for giving in to oil cos pressure - Oct 28, 2010
- Arnie's mum thought he was gay - Jan 18, 2011
Tags: 60 minutes, action film, amending the us constitution, american citizenship, arnold schwarzenegger, body builder, born citizen, california governor arnold, california governor arnold schwarzenegger, cbs news, film hero, governator, governor arnold schwarzenegger, governor gray davis, governor of california, gray davis, largest economies in the world, president of the united states, scott pelley, us senate