Argentine Nalbadian eyes tennis gold at OlympicsJuly 31st, 2008 - 3:50 pm ICT by IANS
Buenos Aires, July 31 (Xinhua) Argentine David Nalbandian, who is ranked seventh in the ATP charts, knows winning an Olympic gold will be tough. The tennis star, though, says he will be up for the challenge as it involves a lot of pride. “An Olympics is still a normal tournament in as much as the structure and the game, different from a Davis Cup, but to represent the colours of our country is always a pride and a pleasure,” says Nalbandian, who is going through a low phase due to a series of injuries.
“I am going to Beijing to win the gold medal. It is obviously a difficult goal, very hard one, because of the amount of good players in the circuit,” Nalbandian told La Nacion newspaper.
Nalbandian will travel to China Aug 4 together with the rest of the delegation formed by Juan Monaco, Guillermo Canas, Agustin Calleri, Gisela Dulko and Betina Jozami.
- Spain aims for fifth Davis Cup title - Dec 01, 2011
- Del Potro dreams of Olympic medal - Jul 17, 2012
- Argentina draws 1-1 with Croatia in Davis Cup - Apr 07, 2012
- Davis Cup final: Argentina win doubles to keep chances alive - Dec 04, 2011
- Argentina book place in Davis Cup semifinals - Apr 09, 2012
- Nalbandian returns to tennis with Davis Cup win - Jul 10, 2010
- 'Giant' - Argentina thrilled by Del Potro's US Open win - Sep 16, 2009
- Argentine comedian Jorge Luz is dead - Jul 16, 2012
- Dulko-Pennetta win Australian Open women's doubles title - Jan 28, 2011
- Former French international Trezeguet to join River Plate - Dec 17, 2011
- Argentine transport minister resigns - Mar 08, 2012
- France take 2-0 lead over Argentina in Davis Cup - Sep 18, 2010
- Berdych knocks out Murray, meets Federer in semis, Djokovic pulls out - Nov 12, 2011
- Djokovic to face Ferrer in Sony Ericsson Open quarters - Mar 28, 2012
- Davis Cup semifinals: Nadal plays Gasquet, Djokovic against Nalbandian - Sep 15, 2011
Tags: agustin calleri, atp, beijing, betina jozami, buenos aires, colours, david nalbandian, davis cup, delegation, gisela dulko, gold medal, guillermo canas, juan monaco, la nacion, olympic gold, olympics, pleasure, pride, tennis star, xinhua