Archery World Cup: Indian men in final; women to play for bronzeMay 8th, 2009 - 10:31 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 8 (IANS) Continuing the form that fetched them the men’s recurve team gold in the World Cup Stage I, the Indian archers put the country in line for the yellow metal in the Stage II at Porec, Croatia Friday.
The troika of Jayanta Talukdar, Rahul Banerjee and Mangal Singh Champia would take on the Russian Federation in the final Saturday.
The Indian women’s recurve team, comprising Bombayla Devi, Rimil Buriuly and Dola Banerjee, made it to the bronze medal play off against Ukraine.
The Indian men’s outfit had no problem disposing off Slovakia at 224-193 in the first round and outshot the USA 227-218 in the quarter-finals.
The confidence gained from the two victories put India in good stead against Italy in the semi-finals as they prevailed over Italy 225-220 to move into the title round, according to information received here.
The women’s side, ranked ninth, had a tough outing in the opening round against eighth-ranked Great Britain. The two teams were tied 217-217 before the Indians triumphed in the tie-breaker 28-23.
The Indian eves stunned top seeds Italy in the quarter-finals 217-212, but failed to consolidate the gains in the semi-finals against fourth-ranked France and lost the tie 206-209.
- Archer Tarundeep Rai to vie for World Cup bronze - Jun 21, 2012
- World Cup archery: Indian men settle for silver - May 08, 2011
- Asian Games archery: Indian women's team wins recurve bronze - Nov 21, 2010
- World Cup archery: Indian recurve team in final - May 04, 2012
- Asian Games archery: Deepika loses bronze play-off (Roundup) - Nov 23, 2010
- Asian Games archery: Indian women get bronze, Korea take gold (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- CWG archery: Indians in semi-finals of team events - Oct 06, 2010
- Asian Games: Sodhi wins double trap gold, women's archery team bronze (Afternoon Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- Asian Games archery: Deepika scrapes through to semi-finals (Lead) - Nov 23, 2010
- Indian men's recurve team in World Cup archery final - Jun 09, 2010
- World Cup archery: Indian women in bronze medal play-off - Jun 10, 2011
- Archery World Cup: Dola, Reena compete for lone bronze medal - Apr 04, 2009
- World Cup archery: Indian teams make early exit - Aug 08, 2009
- Indian woman recurve archers shine in Asian Grand Prix - Sep 18, 2009
- Asian Grand Prix archery: Seven Indians in semis - Feb 17, 2012
Tags: archers, archery world, bronze medal, dola banerjee, indian eves, indian men, indian women, indians, kolkata, mangal singh, porec croatia, quarter finals, russian federation, semi finals, stead, talukdar, team gold, tie breaker, troika, world cup