ArcelorMittal fined $415 mn by French competition councilDecember 16th, 2008 - 10:52 pm ICT by IANS
Paris, Dec 16 (IANS) The French competition council Tuesday slapped a fine of about 302 million euros ($415 million) on ArcelorMittal, the steel giant led by the India-born Lakshmi Mittal, after a four-and-a-half-year probe into anti-competitive practices in steel sector.”The Conseil de la Concurrence (the French competition council) has imposed 301.78 million euros fine on French subsidiaries of ArcelorMittal active in steel distribution (in France),” the company said in a statement.
Three of the ArcelorMittal’s group firms - PUM Service Acier, Arcelor Profil, AMD Sud Ouest - which operate in the region were fined 288 million euros ($396 million), 12.95 million euros ($18 million) and 830,000 euros ($1.1 million) respectively.
The statement said the company “takes matters of this nature extremely seriously and has a rigorous global compliance programme in place to combat anti-competitive practices”.
- ArcelorMittal Liberia announces first iron ore shipment - Mar 20, 2012
- ArcelorMittal set to buy Canadian iron ore company for $433 million - Dec 16, 2010
- Jharkhand considering MoU renewal for ArcelorMittal steel plant - Aug 01, 2012
- S&P; cuts ArcelorMittal ratings to junk status - Aug 03, 2012
- ArcelorMittal, partner nearing absolute control of Baffinland - Feb 08, 2011
- Arcelor-Mittal signs $6 bn credit facility agreement - Mar 22, 2011
- Belgian trade union files complaint against ArcelorMittal - Feb 21, 2012
- ArcelorMittal says it won't extend Canadian takeover offer - Dec 23, 2010
- Indian artist's house in London occupied by protesters - Jun 22, 2012
- ArcelorMittal again gets nod from Canadian company for takeover - Jan 05, 2011
- ArcelorMittal again extends bid for Canadian ore company - Jan 11, 2011
- Rival betters ArcelorMittal's offer for Toronto mining company - Jan 03, 2011
- ArcelorMittal hikes bid for Canadian iron ore giant - Jan 01, 2011
- Indian touch to Olympic arts in London (With Image) - Jul 19, 2012
- ArcelorMittal becomes sponsor of London 2012 Olympics - Apr 01, 2010