Arab states committed to help Libyan people: UAEJuly 17th, 2011 - 1:22 am ICT by IANS
Istanbul, July 16 (IANS/WAM) United Arab Emirates has expressed the Arab states’ committment to the welfare and help of Libyans facing an ongoing political crisis in their country.
UAE’s Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan underlined his country’s support for Libyan people Friday.
Speaking during a joint press conference with his Turkish counterpart Ahmet Davutoglu at the conclusion of the fourth meeting of the Libya Contact Group in Istanbul, the UAE’s foreign minister said: “Today another significant step has been made to clarify the importance of international support to Libya’s Interim National Transitional Council (NTC),”
“Clearly the Arab states stand with the Libyan people”, he added further underlining joint action “to help Libyan have a dignified life”.
An unrest spreading through the Arab world erupted in Libya in February, with protests against the 40-year rule of Muammar Gaddafi. After UN Security Council authorised military action against Gaddafi’s forces, US and NATO have launched many air strikes in the country since March.
- UAE, Turkey join hands to deliver aid to Libya - Feb 27, 2011
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE attends 'Friends of Libya' meet - Sep 03, 2011
- Foreign minister to lead UAE delegation to NATO summit - May 20, 2012
- UAE leaders greet President Mukherjee on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2012
- UAE, Germany discuss bilateral relations - Aug 29, 2012
- UAE participates 'Friends of Syria' conference - Feb 25, 2012
- UAE, Tunisia discuss educational cooperation - May 09, 2012
- UAE's new envoy takes charge in Libya - Apr 30, 2012
- Abu Dhabi crown prince attends Elizabeth's diamond jubilee - May 19, 2012
- UAE, Indonesia hold talks - May 16, 2012
- UAE president honours national Olympic football team - Mar 27, 2012
- UAE helping crisis-hit Yemen - Jul 01, 2012
- UAE, Libya discuss bilateral relations - Nov 07, 2011
- 'UAE committed to support Pakistan's security' - Feb 28, 2012
Tags: ahmet davutoglu, air strikes, arab states, arab world, committment, contact group, country uae, foreign minister, libyans, military action, muammar gaddafi, national transitional council, political crisis, sheikh abdullah, turkish counterpart, un security council, united arab emirates, vd, wam, zayed al nahyan