Arab publishers to join in Frankfurt Book FairOctober 6th, 2010 - 5:06 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Oct 6 (IANS/WAM) The Arab book industry will participate at the Frankfurt Book Fair in Germany this week, it was announced Wednesday.
The Abu Dhabi Authority for Culture and Heritage and KITAB, organisers of the Abu Dhabi International Book Fair will showcase the Arab book industry at the Frankfurt event.
KITAB will co-host three sessions focusing on the business in the Arab world.
Jumaa Al Qubaisi, director of the National Library and Abu Dhabi International Book Fair, said: “Building a knowledge-based economy relies on enabling people to access books which in turn must be supported by a confident regional publishing industry.”
Monika Krauss, general manager of KITAB said: “We are excited to be at the Frankfurt Book Fair, where we are participating with such a wide range of sessions focusing on business in the Arab World. Our attendance allows us to give a voice to the Arab book industry.”
- UAE trade minister meets Arab business delegation - Jan 21, 2012
- UAE to attend World Bank-IMF meeting - Sep 22, 2011
- UAE eyes Indonesia, China trade expos - Oct 14, 2011
- Mass wedding is national tradition, says UAE minister - Jun 28, 2012
- Abu Dhabi readies for European road show - Jul 07, 2011
- Abu Dhabi varsity celebrates cultural diversity - Jul 08, 2011
- UAE emirate launches Quran website - Aug 12, 2012
- Abu Dhabi, Canada discuss judicial cooperation - May 24, 2011
- UAE, Britain hold joint aid workshop - Apr 08, 2011
- UAE, Australia exchange extradition documents - Aug 10, 2011
- Abu Dhabi judiciary offers support to Libyan Supreme Court - Jan 22, 2012
- UAE hospital provides health care to Pakistani children - Oct 06, 2010
- UAE, IAEA sign cooperation agreement - Dec 06, 2011
- Abu Dhabi to host Gulf supply summit - Oct 15, 2011
- UAE, South Korea seek close trade ties - Apr 09, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi, access books, arab world, attendance, frankfurt book fair, frankfurt event, germany, heritage, knowledge based economy, national library, organisers, publishers, regional publishing, sessions, showcase, snb, wam