Apple’s new iPad brings 4G, better camera, more pixelsMarch 9th, 2012 - 11:06 am ICT by IANS
Washington, March 9 (IANS) With 4G LTE wireless, retina display, and a high-definition camera, Apple’s third tablet is no doubt the best iPad yet, say those in the industry.
Apple CEO Tim Cook who introduced the new iPad in San Francisco Wednesday, called it the “poster child of the post-PC world”, the Christian Science Monitor reported.
The new iPad has a breathtaking screen. Weighing in at 2048 by 1536 pixels, it boasts 3.1 million, one million more than a 1080p HDTV, which has only 1920 by 1080 pixels.
“The most ever in a mobile device,” said Cook.
Cook said the new iPad is designed to be held 15 inches from the face, as that makes the pixels indistinguishable to the human eye.
There’s also 40 percent better color saturation than the iPad 2 in this upgrade.
Of course, this is all possible thanks to Apple’s new A5X quad-core processor, allowing for stunning graphics and higher performance overall.
The iPad’s new back-facing camera is much approved from the iPad 2, with a 5-megapixel illuminated sensor. Included is a 5-element lens, allowing the camera to auto-focus, and an IR filter that helps with auto-exposure.
It’s not as good as the iPhone 4S, which has an 8-megapixel camera, but now Apple can rival tablets like the Motorola Xoom that also have rear-facing 5-megapixel cameras. What puts the new iPad on top for some shoppers is its ability to film and edit in HD and its automatic stabilization.
Apple has hopped on the 4G LTE bandwagon. Leapfrogging over the iPhone 4S, which runs on 3G, the new iPad can now wirelessly connect to the fastest cellular networks, the newspaper said.
Apple showed that buffering Vimeo videos takes much less time than it does on the iPad 2. In order to run 4G in the US, iPads will be divided between AT&T; and Verizon. 3G will still be available, just in case.
Apple’s new device can also be turned into a personal Wi-Fi hotspot if carriers support that option. And somehow, Apple says that battery life is about nine hours when 4G runs - the same for the iPad 2 on 3G, the newspaer added.
- Apple's new iPad launched in India - Apr 27, 2012
- New iPad sales top 3 mn: Apple - Mar 20, 2012
- New iPad to go on sale Friday: Apple - Mar 15, 2012
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 to go on sale from 1st of March - Feb 29, 2012
- Apple's new iPad hits Japanese market - Mar 16, 2012
- Apple to introduce iPad 3 in March - Feb 10, 2012
- Apple To Launch Next Versions Of iPhone And iPad - Jan 19, 2011
- Rumor has it that iPhone 5 is going to have a 4-inch display - May 21, 2012
- Apple blamed for delayed launch of BlackBerry tablet - Apr 08, 2011
- Steve Jobs makes surprise appearance to unveil iPad2 - Mar 03, 2011
- Samsung seeks sales ban on iPhone 4S in Japan, Australia - Oct 17, 2011
- New iPad Mini to be released in October - Aug 27, 2012
- BlackBerry tablet will be a winner: Market analysts - Jan 11, 2011
- Samsung seeks sales ban on iPhone 4S in France, Italy - Oct 05, 2011
- Dell's 7-Inch Tablet Computer Set To Rival iPad - Sep 23, 2010
Tags: 1080p hdtv, 5 megapixel cameras, apple ceo, auto exposure, automatic stabilization, cellular networks, christian science monitor, color saturation, element lens, ipad, iphone, ir filter, lte, pc world, poster child, quad core processor, stunning graphics, tim cook, verizon 3g, xoom