Another minister’s kin named in rape of German teenOctober 23rd, 2008 - 4:00 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Oct 23 (IANS) The mother of a teenaged German tourist, allegedly raped earlier this month, Thursday accused that a nephew of a Goan minister was also involved in the crime for which another minister’s son has already been named.Her counsel Aires Rodrigues alleged that Warren Alemao, the 22-year-old nephew of Public Works Department Minister Churchill Alemao, was involved in the rape of the minor.
“I have submitted the information about Warren Alemao along with some of his compromising photographs with the victim, which we have sourced from facebook.com to the police,” Rodrigues told reporters, accompanied by the mother.
The PWD minister was one of the most vocal supporters of Education Minister Atanasio Monserrate, whose son Rohit was earlier named as a co-accused in raping the 14-year-old German girl.
Churchill Alemao was running a campaign against the complainant and her counsel after the police named the 21-year-old Rohit, who has been absconding. The police have issued a look out notice to ensure he does not leave the country.
Alemao told reporters Wednesday that the police were victimising Rohit, and that they needed to probe advocate Rodrigues’ association with the complainant.
The Goa police was also finding it difficult to proceed with the case, as they say the victim was unwilling to depose.
Rodrigues said he would approach the high court if the police failed to make any headway.
“We will wait till the end of the week (to see) if there is a political botch up in the case,” the lawyer said, adding the police were under pressure to hush up the case.
He said the police were now in the process of scanning the victim’s email inbox to gather more evidence, if any, against the accused.
The police who initially delayed the registration of the complaint later booked Rohit as a co-accused after media pressure and a stern communique from the German consul general.
- Goa minister's kin claims innocence in German girl's rape (Lead) - Oct 23, 2008
- Police drop rape charges against Goa cabinet minister's kin - Jan 13, 2009
- 'Congress leader scuttled investigations into German girl's rape' - Nov 03, 2008
- Goa minister's nephew deposes in German minor's rape case - Oct 28, 2008
- Complaint filed against Goa minister's kin in German girl rape - Oct 24, 2008
- Mother of German 'rape victim' to take minister to court - Oct 30, 2008
- German rape victim deposes before magistrate - Nov 01, 2008
- Minister in trouble again, could alter poll pitch (Goa newsletter) - Feb 03, 2012
- Goa minister's son may go scot-free in rape case - Aug 06, 2010
- Parrikar pats Goa police in minor German girl's rape probe - Oct 25, 2008
- Officials wonder why police did not seek custody of rape accused - Nov 12, 2008
- German rape victim's mother asked to give income details - Oct 27, 2008
- German minor rape trial begins in Goa - Feb 15, 2010
- Facing rape charge, Goa minister's son cries trial by media - Dec 10, 2008
- While minister's son gets bail, 'Scarlett' haunts German mother (Lead) - Nov 10, 2008