Another Jihad Jane arrested for conspiring to kill Swedish cartoonistMarch 13th, 2010 - 6:27 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar. 13 (ANI): A 31-year-old Colorado woman has been arrested by Irish authorities for allegedly plotting a conspiracy to murder a Swedish cartoonist who made fun of the Prophet Mohammed.
Jamie Paulin-Ramirez, who had a 30,000-dollars-a-year job as a medical assistant, is in the custody of the Irish police, along with six other individuals, arrested as part of an investigation into a conspiracy to commit murder, according to the Wall street Journal.
Last Easter, the mum-of-one announced to her family that she had converted to Islam.
A few months later, she began posting messages to Facebook forums whose headings included “Stop Calling Muslims Terrorists!”
On Sept. 11, she suddenly left Leadville, Colo., a small town in the Rocky Mountains, for Denver, then for New York, to meet and marry a Muslim man she connected with online.
Now, she has been arrested by the Irish authorities, but the nature of their suspicions about Paulin-Ramirez couldn’t be confirmed.
Paulin-Ramirez’s interest in Islam “came out of left field,” said her mother, Christine Holcomb-Mott.
“I’m angry with her right now. I’d like to just choke her. But I’m worried about her, too. I love my daughter,” Holcomb-Mott said.
Over the summer, her family says, she was spending increasing time on the computer and had begun to dress in the traditional garb, covering not only her hair and face but also her hands.
Paulin-Ramirez is the second American woman to be linked to an alleged plot to kill a Swedish cartoonist who made fun of the Prophet Mohammed.
Earlier, a Pennsylvania woman known as ‘Jihad Jane’ was charged for conspiring to provide material support to terrorists and plotting to kill in a foreign country. She was accused of plotting to kill the cartoonist and attempting to recruit jihadis via the Internet.
According to sources, the main contact for LaRose is believed to be an Algerian, who has a relationship with Paulin-Ramirez. (ANI)
- Pennsylvania's 'Jihad Jane' to 'plead guilty' to four terror charges - Jan 30, 2011
- Pennsylvania's "Jihad Jane" admits to terror plot - Feb 02, 2011
- Jihad Jane's friend charged with terror offences - Apr 03, 2010
- Second US woman charged with plotting terrorism in Europe - Apr 03, 2010
- "Jihad Jamie" pleads not guilty to terror charge in Philadelphia - Apr 08, 2010
- Jihad Jane, linked to terror scheme, charged by the U.S. authorities - Mar 10, 2010
- Jihad Jane Pleads Not Guilty To Terrorism - Mar 19, 2010
- America's 'Jihad Jane' charged for supporting terrorist plot - Mar 10, 2010
- `Jihad Jane's' extreme views were unknown to her Penn state neighbours - Mar 11, 2010
- America's Jihad Jane pleads not guilty - Mar 19, 2010
- Controversial cartoons: From arrests to murder attempts - May 11, 2012
- Counter-terrorism experts say Jihad Jane represents a threat from online 'jihobbyists' - Mar 20, 2010
- 'Jihad Jane', the woman who plotted terror in South Asia via internet (Lead) - Mar 10, 2010
- Swedish newspapers reprint Prophet cartoon - Mar 10, 2010
- Islamic cleric puts cartoonist Molly Norris on execution hit list for caricaturing Prophet Muhammed - Jul 12, 2010
Tags: american woman, cartoonist, colorado woman, conspiracy to commit murder, holcomb, interest in islam, irish police, jihad, larose, last easter, leadville, material support, medical assistant, muslim man, paulin, pennsylvania woman, prophet mohammed, rocky mountains, traditional garb, wall street journal