Annual office paper prints stack up to an 8 mile high paper mountain!November 14th, 2007 - 2:16 am ICT by admin
Half of the 2,000 adults questioned admitted that they printed the same document several times by mistake.
The poll found that two in five workers said they had picked up someone else’s print-out by mistake and eight per cent admitted printing emails before they had read them.
The report accused workers of being “carefree” in their printing habits after almost a quarter of office workers admitted they never thought about whether they should be printing so many documents.
A further 13 per cent do not worry about how many documents they print as long as they recycle them.
However, the survey pointed that the printing waste wasn’t solely the fault of the workers, for two thirds (64 per cent) of office workers said their companies had no policy on which documents should be printed.
Only 16 per cent of workers said that their company emails carry a footnote asking the recipient whether it is necessary to print out the email, and only two-thirds of companies provide recycling bins for paper.
Three out of four workers said they had fixed a printer or copier by removing jammed paper and two out of three had changed the toner. But, according to almost 25 per cent, they had walked away from an out-of-order printer hoping that somebody else would fix it.
“Sadly the paperless office remains a myth for many. Office printing continues to be out of control. This is compounded by the fact that there is a general lack of guidelines for employees around printing practices, and most people readily admit to not really thinking twice about hitting the print option,” the Telegraph quoted Paul Parrish, the managing director of Fujitsu Siemens Computers IT Product Services, as saying. (ANI)
- Printers that don't need computers unveiled - Sep 26, 2010
- New voting machine with paper trail tested - Jul 26, 2011
- Apple a day: Lok Sabha MPs to get iPads - Dec 01, 2011
- Laser wipes paper clean for reuse - May 20, 2012
- Save paper, optimise printing, 'babus' told - Mar 31, 2010
- Email storm 'leads to workplace stress' - Nov 02, 2010
- Kodak files for bankruptcy - Jan 19, 2012
- Indian printers of Bangladesh textbooks accused of graft - Dec 22, 2010
- Ricoh India targets Rs.1,000 crore revenue by 2014 - Nov 01, 2011
- MPs can now use iPads in house - Jun 04, 2012
- Xerox launches four new colour printers - Aug 17, 2010
- Canon to open 300 outlets across India's small towns - Nov 22, 2011
- Country's second-largest paper maker pushes growth - Feb 10, 2011
- EAD to celebrate Paperless Day Nov 23 - Nov 10, 2011
- Strike at Nokia Siemens Networks India - Apr 09, 2012